• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    A Maryland high school student was suspended for the remainder of his academic year (three weeks, as it happens) and denied his graduation, because he was seen in the background of a photograph while holding an Airsoft gun. His principal was concerned that it might "cause anxiety" among other students. Of course it's the principal's own reaction that sets the tone for that, but this is Maryland, right? Note: we're talking about a private school, so of course market rules apply ... don't like how they process obviously benign horseplay by teenage boys? Take your business elsewhere. But it's part of where the school administration mentality is going generally, so it's relevant. The kid's father actually managed to get an op-ed piece about this absurdity into the WaPo. But here's some general reading about it.

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/md-teen-...cause-he-was-photo-airsoft-gun-school-grounds

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is insanity. The parents should sue the crap out of that school. If I was them I’d out the school. This is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Reading the article to me seems like it was NOT at school, during school, or on school property. A few junior high kids having fun. Yep, parents should get a lawyer and have the school explain how this caused anxiety. Maybe the person who has the anxiety shouldn’t be perusing the internet looking for trouble? What if it was a photo of him and his dad in their hunting outfits with their shotguns? Total BS!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Anxiety, right is this the same level of anxiety a student feels when taking an exam? Please explain how this "anxiety" is measured? What is the national acceptable limit?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    man all this anxiety, feelings and basic crap needs to be put to a stop. especially including the demonization/stigma of firearms.

i don't have kids, but those that do need to get their kids out and shooting big time, and that includes their kids bringing their school buddies. if more people were familiar with firearms and got the enjoyment out of shooting them, we wouldn't be seeing the bans and infringements and the like. for example, how many alcohol-related deaths, but everyone enjoys a cold one after work so it's audacious to even think about banning that.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I remember when High Schools had ranges in the basement and their own rifle teams! In Maryland!! In Montgomery County!!!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    In school, out of school, it doesn’t matter any more. Tweet a photo of s swastika or a noose and the police will be at your door investigating a hate crime.
    The principal of that school sounds like a king size douchebag.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Private school? Demand a refund of any and all tuition, raise all Hades, out the school and principal and any involved.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Interesting, but unless the school and principal are named, it's just a BS story. How can you fact check it. It could be fake news.

Many times articles and stories are passed on in this forum without any confirmation and many are later found to be fake/misleading news yet meantime everyone's gone apeshit crazy. Without even an attempt to confirm it's just a potential way to get others to spread the misinformation.

When it come to news these days the thought should be suspect until confirmed. Can't even find the David Bernstein of the Washington Post
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=David...-31&sk=&cvid=14D4E2E1A69E4A9D97820CB5D794682E

or an article from the Post

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    My senior class yearbook photo was me holding my Westernfield 12 ga in front of my 69 Mercury Cougar!

69 Cougar was a classy looking muscle car. I loved the flip up headlamps and progressive turn signal indicators.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom