• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Yes, but fact is I threw away that money I paid for the magazine. My money is as good in my pocket as it is in Midways and magpuls pocket. What got me was midway was allowed to sell me the mag, but not magpul? Besides all the ammo is worthless, if you don't have a decent mag to place it in, unless ya want a single shot.

You said it had an "issue." What was the issue? Sounds like something you could have fixed with a part, not the entire mag.

And what's a 20-round PMag, like $14? Here's the world's smallest violin, playing a sad song just for you ===> <==.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    You said it had an "issue." What was the issue? Sounds like something you could have fixed with a part, not the entire mag.

And what's a 20-round PMag, like $14? Here's the world's smallest violin, playing a sad song just for you ===> <==.

Issue was that it failed to keep the bolt locked after last shot. The mag body itself would have needed modded. Sure it could be filed and rigged, not saying that. Do you like to buy faulty things? Then again maybe if they charged you for something you didnt buy, you'd be ok with it? Dont know what your issue is, but I was commenting on the pmags holding 21 rounds, that's all, not whining about the cost.

:rolleyes:

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Issue was that it failed to keep the bolt locked after last shot. The mag body itself would have needed modded. Sure it could be filed and rigged, not saying that. Do you like to buy faulty things? Then again maybe if they charged you for something you didnt buy, you'd be ok with it? Dont know what your issue is, but I was commenting on the pmags holding 21 rounds, that's all, not whining about the cost.

So, you either needed them to send you a new follower, spring, or magazine body, all of which are parts, and parts for regulated magazines are legal to ship to Maryland. As you are repairing an existing magazine, the restriction on manufacture doesn't apply.

Yeah, I get it, they should send something that works 100% of the time to 100% of customers. And every little girl should have a pony for her birthday. Unfortunately, life sucks and Santa doesn't exist.

==> <== encore, just for you.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    So, you either needed them to send you a new follower, spring, or magazine body, all of which are parts, and parts for regulated magazines are legal to ship to Maryland. As you are repairing an existing magazine, the restriction on manufacture doesn't apply.

Yeah, I get it, they should send something that works 100% of the time to 100% of customers. And every little girl should have a pony for her birthday. Unfortunately, life sucks and Santa doesn't exist.

==> <== encore, just for you.

Yep, and they didnt offer on parts.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    You gotta know who to ask. Joe Schmoe customer service will frequently do the absolute minimum to get you off the line so they can get back to Facebook.

I didnt figure it was worth the hassle....I chalked it up to a loss, and just wont buy any more 20 rounders. I put about as much effort/worry into it as they did. Another thing I learnt about their 20 rounders that I bought at a local shop had a "15" inside of a little circle that was cast into the mag body...Turns out that's all it would hold.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    ..Another thing I learnt about their 20 rounders that I bought at a local shop had a "15" inside of a little circle that was cast into the mag body...Turns out that's all it would hold.

Are you talking about the mark below the mag catch?

From top down, they are: the mold revision (M5, for example), the mold/machine number (10, in a circle, for example), and the date of manufacture (looks like a clock dial).

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Are you talking about the mark below the mag catch?

From top down, they are: the mold revision (M5, for example), the mold/machine number (10, in a circle, for example), and the date of manufacture (looks like a clock dial).

I cant remember where it was located on the body now, and I sold/traded them off. Pretty sure it was towards the bottom though. Since this conversation just started, I checked into it. Makes sense why they didnt offer to send me parts as they say you cant take them apart. I know the ones from midway and local bought were bought with no mention of being 15 rounders.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-578-magpul-pmag-15-round-20-body-magazine-223556mm.aspx

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    I cant remember where it was located on the body now, and I sold/traded them off. Pretty sure it was towards the bottom though. Since this conversation just started, I checked into it. Makes sense why they didnt offer to send me parts as they say you cant take them apart. I know the ones from midway and local bought were bought with no mention of being 15 rounders.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-578-magpul-pmag-15-round-20-body-magazine-223556mm.aspx

Those aren't made by Magpul... somebody took Magpul 20-round mags and plugged/pinned them to be New Jersey compliant, and added their own 15-round mark. So it's no wonder it 1) didn't work properly and 2) Magpul wouldn't replace it.

Magpul makes adapters for 20-round mags that is an easy install, entirely reversible, and warrantied:
    10 round: http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-PMAG-Round-Limiter-Black/dp/B005FSRDRA
    5 round: http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-PMAG-Round-Limiter-Black/dp/B004ZH8Q4Q/ref=pd_sbs_sg_4

Mind you, to be Cali or NJ legal, the conversion has to be pinned or otherwise permanent. That is why the one you bought couldn't be taken apart, it was likely epoxied or welded on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom