• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Everything you've ever wanted to know about APG Edgewood Skeet & Trap but were afraid to ask. :)

The skeet & trap range is located at the Edgewood area of APG. To get there simply take Rt. 24 until it dead ends at the base. Once you’re through security continue straight on Hoadley Road for a couple miles until you see the Gunpowder River to your right and the range to your left.

There is one skeet field and one trap range and most people shoot skeet. The shooters are a mixture of military, retired military, base contractors and civilians. We have skeet and trap leagues, fun shoots and light the grills when its warm. Most of us are hunters and bird dogs are welcome. It’s a relatively small and tight knit group but everybody’s super friendly. If you have any questions or are thinking of coming out feel free to contact me with any questions or just to let us know to expect you.

Security – If you don’t have a military or base contractor ID just make sure you have your DL in-hand and your auto registration available. Most often you’ll be issued a 24 hour pass, sometimes you’ll be waved through, sometimes you’ll be “pulled over” while you’re pass is prepared. Searches are very infrequent. If you arrive before 4 PM go straight to the visitor’s center for your pass. Security is more of a hiccup than a hassle.

Registrations – Firearms entering the base must be registered. To do this complete this form http://www.apgmwr.com/pdf/recreation/hunting/FirearmRegistrationForm.pdf and drop it at the base police station (via the Rt 715 APG entrance). They should have your firearms registration ready in a week or so. Follow up, don’t expect them to call.

Hours – Tuesday 3:00 – 8:30 PM, Thursday 3:00 – 8:30 PM, Saturday Noon-6PM. The range is run by volunteers and they’ll close it down if it looks like nobody’s coming or if everyone’s already come and gone. Show up to shoot close to opening time if possible. If in doubt because of weather or late arrival call the club phone at 410-436-8975.

Cost is $5 per round, skeet or trap. You’ll be asked to sign a waiver the first time you shoot.

Last edited:

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    Thank you. I work on APG and have been wondering if I could shoot there. You included everything I need to know. I'll be dropping off my firearms form on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom