• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Going to Dierks Bently tonight so I'm sitting in the office waiting for it to start before I locate the spousal unit and head over. Going to see anything good this summer at Merriweather Post Pavilion?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I went to Merriweather once. It was back in 1984, I think. I saw Heart, with Helix opening for them. I had lawn seats that weren't good for anything except listening to the music and people watching. But hey, they were free.

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    I've never been but live not too far from there. We can hear the "noise" from shows but unfortunately can't make out the music. The idea of lawn seating keeps me away. And the traffic getting into and out of the place always looks terrible.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Saw Gigantour '08 there with a big group of friends. Megadeth, In Flames, Children Of Bodom, High On Fire. We paid for lawn tickets but somehow managed to get into the standing room/moshpit area up front. Venue was fine and the show was badass. One of my best memories from high school.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Past concerts: Jackson Browne, Ringo Starr & Friends, James Taylor and a few others. Like the place.

This year? Need to look at the schedule.

Just saw David Crosby at Rams Head In Annapolis, where there are only a couple hundred seats, so very up close and personal with this 70s icon. I saw him get off his tour bus with his assistant running interference for him to walk into the front door of the club. I asked if I could grab a picture with him, but he shook his head no and gave me a papal wave. Fffft. (Don't understand that...we are not screaming groupies, we're all graybeards.)

He sang mostly "new" stuff (heavy keyboards) and only a couple of his CSN&Y songs. Little disappointed by that. Oh, and he is shrinking at age 75. Looks like a plastic yard Santa now with his ever-present knit hat.

Talked politics, which was (yawn) boring. Was a little cranky too with the front table chit chat while he was waxing poetic about politicians.

Snapped this pic of his set list lying on the stage floor.

Attachments

• IMG_7652.jpg
      IMG_7652.jpg
      60.1 KB · Views: 458

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Zappa, Dead, ZZ top, Jethro Tull, Allman Bros, Skynard, and a host of other I can't remember. All in the late 70's and early 80's.

rmocarsky

Apr 20, 2011
    Ole guy . . .

Used to work at the News American from 71 until it went out of business.

I was a Printers apprentice when this all happened.

Hot metal make up of pages on the composing room floor; editors would hover over their pages with galley proofs in hand whilst printers (and apprentices) worked on their pages.

The Arts and Theater critic was very, very proper. His name was R.P. Harris.

He loved classics and opera. Had no use for rock and roll.

From time to time, when I was working on his page in his presence, he would (I assume it was because of my age and appearance) say to me:

"Young man . . . might you be interested in a pair of tickets to the Merriweather Post to see (all of which I accepted):

Yes

Steppenwolf

Mountain

Rod Stewart

Edgar Winters

That is all I can remember at this time; that was about 40 years ago.

The seats were always the same: 9 rows from stage right in front.

Free.

Thanks R.P.!

Rmocarsky

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    From the Rams Head, David Crosby on Monday night. He was on the Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon Wednesday night.

He uses a floor TelePrompTer now, operated by his second son. The son he gave up for adoption in 1962 and who he reunited with later in life is his keyboardist.

Attachments

• IMG_7648.jpg
      IMG_7648.jpg
      59.8 KB · Views: 379

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Back in the day the guy who eventually was the best man in my wedding worked as a UPS driver and one of his stops in Greenbelt was the WEA (Warner, Elektra, Asylum) records office. He got great seats (1st four rows typically) to Merriweather all the time. I lived right by HoCo General at the time so it was an easy schlep. We saw anything and everything, was in the front row for Sheena Easton, LOL.

First concert there ever was summer of '84, Corey Hart opened for Rick Springfield......:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom