• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Just so everyone understands, the Governor has no control how HB 1302 is actually implemented under the language of the statute.

I understand the Hogan was no control over how this is implemented, and this will only serve to rase awareness, but how else can we fight this?

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    And I think the officer's partner could have tazed him into submission. Or whacked him a good one with his baton. EXCESSIVE FORCE IMO. And was he shot from the front or the back? That makes a BIG difference. But since there were no body cameras available, it's a "he said/he said" situation. And the tie-breaking participant in the trio is unavailable for comment.
    You nor I wasn't there. You don't know has close they were. And you honestly think you are quicker with a baton than a man with a gun in the hand? The report seems pretty clear. If an officer or anyone who identifies themselves as one, you simply need to obey. You let the courts decide who is right. You only get one life.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Yes give it more time to get thier story's straight and sweep it under the rug. To bad the only witness is dead.
    Do you have some evidence that suggest that? If not then it is speculation on your part.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I understand the Hogan was no control over how this is implemented, and this will only serve to rase awareness, but how else can we fight this?
    We raise awareness. We gather facts that support our view. We write a bill to repeal it. We expand or tent. We form a coalition and go to the state and national party and demand support.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Do you have some evidence that suggest that? If not then it is speculation on your part.

We are not going to get any more evidence in either direction. The police have released thier official statement, there is no body can footage, and the only surviving witness are going to say whatever they can to keep thier jobs because they killed a man.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Our lengthier statement:

From the Patriot Picket:

Anne Arundel County Police today killed a man in his own home in a pre-dawn raid.

Police were serving a search warrant there to locate and confiscate firearms that the man presumably owned and possessed lawfully; the search was authorized under Maryland's new "Red Flag" law.

The man's death was as unnecessary as it was avoidable, but in their zeal to further burden and ostracize Maryland gun owners our legislators and Governor passed this dreadfully defective and now lethal law that has resulted in this terrible tragedy.

We always feared -- and repeatedly warned -- that such a death (with more deaths inevitably to come) would result from the attempted enforcement of this bad law.

We call upon Governor Hogan to immediately suspend the enforcement of Maryland's new "Red Flag" law pending review by a special commission of citizens advised by members of the civil rights, firearm, judicial and law enforcement communities to study how a man who had not been accused and convicted of any crime died in his own doorway because the law was enforced as was intended.

The search warrant for the raid was issued under Maryland's new "Red Flag" law after the victim's sister claimed to police that she felt her brother was dangerous.

Under this unprecedented and clearly defective "Red Flag" law one person can accuse another in a secret, one-sided ("ex parte") "judicial proceeding."

It is a bizarre process in which the accused does not testify in their own defense, nor even know they have been accused -- and who may unwittingly become -- such as today's victim -- the subject of a dangerous SWAT raid at their own home to locate legal property that this law specifically seeks to confiscate: legally owned firearms.

This "Red Flag" law clearly violates all notions of American due process: respect for the rights of all law-abiding citizens and the rights of the accused.

Due process in a contested two-party judicial process is an inviolable American principle, inherited during our hundreds of years of both English common law and American jurisprudence.

Maryland has ignored that principle, now to our shared detriment.

We issued extensive and repeated warnings to every legislator we spoke with that the deaths of innocent citizens and members of law enforcement would occur as the direct consequence of this law.

Whether lobbying informally on the bricks of the Statehouse sidewalks, or formally testifying during committee hearings about the defectiveness of this "Red Flag" law as proposed, or calling, or emailing the offices of our state legislators and our Governor, we warned about the lethal danger of this law to both innocent, law-abiding citizens as well as to the unfortunate members of local and state law-enforcement who would be required to attempt to enforce its unwise provisions.

Therefore, we call on Governor Hogan to act immediately to suspend all "Red Flag" law enforcement actions pending review of its already lethal enforcement.

We also call on our state legislators to repeal this defective law during the coming legislative session.

ThePatriotPicket on Facebook
    PatriotPicket.org

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Just so everyone understands, the Governor has no control how HB 1302 is actually implemented under the language of the statute.

That’s even more of a reason for him not to have signed it into law.

“Gotta pass it before we can see what’s in it”

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Our demonstration is under his window because of his gleeful signing ceremony.

Our real target tonight is getting our objections about 1302 back out into the media.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    You nor I wasn't there. You don't know has close they were. And you honestly think you are quicker with a baton than a man with a gun in the hand? The report seems pretty clear. If an officer or anyone who identifies themselves as one, you simply need to obey. You let the courts decide who is right. You only get one life.

I'll discuss what I should do with YOU on the bricks in Annapolis tonight.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Pics from Naptown.

530d829633d19878bb266a92fee3fb32.jpg
    f4a9e7c67f4188f3f82177603eee730a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Way to go...keep up the good work! Wish that I could be there! I agree the circumstances don't matter. DUE PROCESS!!!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Good time tonight and a pretty good turnout for a very last minute call out. We had a Capital Police officer come slide by when we first assembled and took some group shots for his photo album and then keep on going. Chief Wilson made a cameo appearance in his .gov issued Tahoe and double parked for a few minutes to check us out.

We thought for sure when we lined up under Larry's window and R&R started in with the bullhorn that we were going to get the boot toot sweet. The same asian officer came and took a few more photos for the Capital Po-Po scrap book and then the other officers kind of stood around and kicked their feet at the ground and acted like they couldn't hear us.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I was honored to stand with y'all tonight. I got an email from a NJ friend. He tells me that he can buy NOTHING now. We can't let that happen here! MAGA!

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

Of course the report is clear. There is no one living to challenge it, therefore, a bulletproof story can be formulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom