• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I am happy with my SLR106FR - shot 130 rounds of crap ammo through it, never an issue. No measurable recoil, stayed on target 1MOA at 100. I honestly feel that this rifle is indeed indestructible. I had plans to shorten barrel, pin it and weld it to make it my SHTF go to rifle but never got around to it. I did moly resin it and I think it looks as good as it shoots.

Attachments

• 37266318-2D28-4537-BE66-27AD87CE54A5.jpg
      37266318-2D28-4537-BE66-27AD87CE54A5.jpg
      40.4 KB · Views: 891
    • F188EAE7-9893-4401-9E72-ADC0E4D3B194.jpg
      F188EAE7-9893-4401-9E72-ADC0E4D3B194.jpg
      31.6 KB · Views: 886
    Last edited:

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I looked up Rifle Dynamics and feel like I have to have 1 now! I don't see the RD704P on the roster. Is it MD legal? Does anyone have experience with them?

I don’t know where these people are getting their information from. LMMFAO!!!! Get the SBR from them and you’re GTG. Also, I’ve never seen anyone get denied from attending their classes.

Trust me on that last one!

Dude, go to people whom actually KNOWS what they’re talking about. As long as it doesn’t say AK, and it’s a SBR, you can surely get it in Maryland. Just like Polish Tantals are GTG in (Maryland).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Just so happens that I got a crazy deal on a bunch of steel AK mags. Now I need a gun to use them....

I'd like to get something similar to the pictured (right) with railed/MLOK handguards to set it up like my ARs...guess I could add those later. Longest barrel possible if a pistol? I've seen a few 12" models listed online but most are shorter. I'm guessing 14.5" is not a thing in the AK world? My research says Krebs are overrated. I thought those were the gold standard. Really sounds like there is a ton of junk on the AK market. Where should I look?

Legal, and in STOCK! Go get you one!

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001bViE...87Qo9OxBreYSRGailogerph54Ca0tGBJpHF9wykGhhw==

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    The problem is most 7.62x39 rifles that look like AK’s are banned. M+M, CMMG, PTR, and Palmetto all make rifles that take AK magazines but they’re basically a combination of AR and AK or HK and AK with the PTR.

Arsenal’s pistols won’t work assuming you want to actually SBR it because the rifles are banned and the ATF will disapprove it. Same with the Century C39V2 pistols, I found that out the hard way.

Century has the 12.5” barreled Draco pistol that should still be able to be made into a SBR unless someone has tried making one recently and been disapproved.

LMMFAO!!!!! I don’t know WHERE you’re getting your information from? But ErrRah,,,,,,,you couldn’t be more WROOOOONG! LMMFAO!!!!!
    Arsenals are SUPER LEGAL in Maryland. Facts!
    The SAM7 milled rifles, SAM7 milled pistols, SLR104-106 etc., ALL (MARYLAND) LEGAL! Also, the ATF isn’t disapproving NADA! LMMFAO again. I have friends that have even recently gotten their Arsenal Form 1’s approved for SBR at 29”s. Facto!

Whew! I have no idea where you’re getting your information. But you are soooo wrong about everything. From what’s legal, to what the ATF is/isn’t approving.

Form 1 APPROVED SLR-104 in the testing phase, before being shipped back to “Where”? Maryland.
    5fae00c019caec5ee2b0819e982913e1.jpg

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I am happy with my SLR106FR - shot 130 rounds of crap ammo through it, never an issue. No measurable recoil, stayed on target 1MOA at 100. I honestly feel that this rifle is indeed indestructible. I had plans to shorten barrel, pin it and weld it to make it my SHTF go to rifle but never got around to it. I did moly resin it and I think it looks as good as it shoots.

Where would one acquire such a specimen?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    LMMFAO!!!!! I don’t know WHERE you’re getting your information from? But ErrRah,,,,,,,you couldn’t be more WROOOOONG! LMMFAO!!!!!
    Arsenals are SUPER LEGAL in Maryland. Facts!
    The SAM7 milled rifles, SAM7 milled pistols, SLR104-106 etc., ALL (MARYLAND) LEGAL!

Who is transferring the SAM7 rifles as MD legal? PM me if you want.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    I am not arguing with you on this but where did you find that Arsenal SAM 7 Milled AK 47 rifle in 762 x 39 was legal in MD ? SAM Pistols Yes , SAM Rifles on other calibers other than 762 x 39 Yes but chambered in 762 x 39 not so sure .

arsenal-sam7sf-84-e-milled-ak47-rifle-3.jpg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I noticed that the SGL-21 was not on the banned registery. I know it’s a shot in the dark but has anyone successfully transferred one recently? I doubt they are MD legal but it’s interesting they aren’t listed.

I asked an MD dealer who’s an IP here that a few years ago and they said no chance MSP would approve it despite the bolt carrier assembly and the bolt head not being interchangeable with a regular AK-47 or AKM. They said all MSP would care about is that it’s an AK pattern rifle and in 7.62x39.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Stay tuned this year to Atlantic Firearms as we have several new AK47 Rifle patterns that will be released throughout the year that would be Maryland Legal .

Can you guys please sell more of the barreled receiver AK’s? Especially the ZPAP M70’s.

Circle 10 AK had some but wouldn’t sell them in MD, even though they’re legal as receivers. Stupidly enough, they would ship them to California.

They’re legal in MD since they aren’t fully assembled rifles. You just have to finish building them into a “pistol” configuration (Ie, pistol brace instead of a stock).

Is it illegal to purchase a barreled receiver and “home build” it as a rifle? I’m under the impression you are still legal in building your own AK out of a parts kit for your own personal use. You just can’t purchase one already completed. Am I correct with both of those statements?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Is it illegal to purchase a barreled receiver and “home build” it as a rifle? I’m under the impression you are still legal in building your own AK out of a parts kit for your own personal use. You just can’t purchase one already completed. Am I correct with both of those statements?

You can’t legally build a 7.62x39 AK into a rifle. You can build a 16” “pistol” though.

Either put a brace on it, or don’t put a stock on it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom