• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    So it was pretty easy at the dealer. They just entered a few pieces of info and I was on my way. The Date form received final just gets todays date. And it still says initial not disapproved. Now it is still listed on my applications list with no expiration date and just the print application button. I have to say that I was expecting things to not go so smooth.

View attachment 195123

I concur, I'm at the same stage. I had to run back home as I forgot my stupid borelock.:o
    One nice thing was not having a handful of paperwork when leaving.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    what paperwork do you get? just a printout? I like having paperwork just CYA

Just the info flyer from the department of justice
    Youth handgun safety act notice 5300.2
    If you want other papers you need to go back into the portal and print off the completed application

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Your dealer is very, very confused then. The 77R (a Maryland state form) and the 4473 (a Federal form) have nothing to do with each other and are not connected in any way.

MSP could give a crap less about the 4473 and are certainly not going to be magically generating them for people or something. This entire online process is ONLY to replace the 77R. You still need to do a 4473, same as always. Some dealers now do this electronically, and I suppose some probably still do it on paper but whatever process they use it won't be changed by the new e-77R.

Agreed.

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011
    Hmm, mine from last week is still "Under Review"

click on print it. Mine showed not disapproved when printed but under review on the dashboard. Also got an email this morning to go pick up and the dashboard changed to not disapproved.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don't care if it is not disapproved or not. My FFL will release. :)

But you are right, when I go to show the form, it was Not Disapproved on 1/9

So a major wart in the system, it does not properly update the status your applications.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I don't care if it is not disapproved or not. My FFL will release. :)

But you are right, when I go to show the form, it was Not Disapproved on 1/9

So a major wart in the system, it does not properly update the status your applications.

Probably by design. Have to keep us thinking that it takes 7 days to process. :sad20:

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    My receipt shows the state of Maryland is charging me for it.

That does not make any sense. There is no fee at all for a NICS check. The $10 fee that we pay in Maryland is to the MSP for their checking, not to NICs.

Are you sure that it's not just the Maryland site redirecting to a payment collector to get the MSP fee?

The FFL will likely still have to complete the FFL end of the 77r, so you will have to make two trips. One for the submission of the paperwork, one to pick up after your papers are approved.

For the record, the credit card information is entered on the NICS website. It is a completely different site from the MD licensing site. As the 77r is completed, the form is re-directed to the NICS site and the credit card payment is partially pre-filled with at least the applicant's name. I have not seen past this point, but it appears that the form is like any other online credit card payment, where you have to fill in the billing address, CC#, exp date, and 3 digit code. That is why many FFL's have the applicant take over for that portion. Anyone who has actually done this part could chime in...

I stand corrected- Like I said, at the point of redirect, where I work has the purchaser input the CC info. So I was mistaken in my assumption. Sorry:o

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There is a post in the IP section under Tyler Firearms, that the system will not allow release until AFTER the 7th day.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=204723

Posted on Monday Jan 9 -

... well, apparently, someone has changed waiting periods for handguns. We had a customer complete paperwork last Monday, which would make his pickup date today. The new online system won't allow his transfer until tomorrow. I guess someone decided that "7 days" now means "more than 7 days".

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Could be. But the old form, on the back, stated that holidays only counted if the release day fell on a holiday. It it did not count if it came during the 7 days.

I just got the email that my app has been Not Disapproved, and that I can pick up the firearm. I did the paperwork last Thursday, 1/5

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Is anyone having problems with the print button? It always gives me a blank page. This morning I received the MSP pickup OK email and the print still doesn't work.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Is anyone having problems with the print button? It always gives me a blank page. This morning I received the MSP pickup OK email and the print still doesn't work.

Mine was working fine the other day. I probably should print mine out but I just let it sit in the archive, not sure how lone it will be kept there but I shouldn't need it for anything if it does disappear.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Mine was working fine the other day. I probably should print mine out but I just let it sit in the archive, not sure how lone it will be kept there but I shouldn't need it for anything if it does disappear.

I was just trying to see more information like others had mentioned. Blank page on both my work and home puter.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So, now that this is all automated, we need to find a Delegate or Senator to propose a bill to reduce the wait time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom