• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    First photo is yours truly with my avatar Tucker when he was a pup and too young to have internet privileges, so no C&R gifts from him back in those days.
    In 2008 I adopted a then 8 yr old Ivy after the loss of my second WFT, Penny. Tucker needed a strong woman in his life to keep him on the straight and narrow. Ivy took over Penny's job and now rules the roost.
    Last photo shows them on their daily look out for the Big Brown Truck bringing goodies, mostly to them though occasionally to me too (gotta re-think those Net privileges!).
    I've been blessed to have amazing, loving wire haired fox terriers in my home for the last 25 years and there's nary a day that's boring. They keep me smiling and lift my spirits just when I need it the most. Couldn't imagine life without them.

You can always tell a home with a dog. Lots of blankets on the couch. :D

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    This is Charlie! He is almost 5 months old and very friendly.

Attachments

• PA301167.jpg
      PA301167.jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 501

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    I'm in GA now but this is just one reason why I love this board.

My wife: "Awe, puppies! What are you looking at?"
    Me: "Gunboards."
    Her: "Where are the guns?"
    Me: "I don't have any new guns. I don't know what you're talking about. Look! Puppies!"

Our girl. Rescued 2 years ago this month. She has seen a lot in her 10+ years but I can't understand all of her stories. She is such a good girl.
    zwUAqiq.jpg

CZ TAIJI

Sep 10, 2014
    brooklyn, md.
    She needs help A.S.A.P.

Hi folks,
    I'm posting here out of desperation. I already put an ad on craigslist and conveyed that add to my facebook folks too.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/laf/4757110528.html
    Bitch p
    I will adopt her out for free under contract. If you giver her a forever home I will pay for her training crate/den. . I had 1 guy contact me so far, but he hasn't gotten back in touch with me yet. and he's just wants to be a foster parent. frankly i don't know who would be able to foster this sweetie & not fall in love with her for keeps.

If you happen to recognize this sweetheart please tell me any details you can. I can't keep her and it's getting colder outside. way too much to deal with her in my basement with a ceiling of 5"10" in the tall part. No way am i going to deal with cleaning a basement floor of urine etc. etc. my back can't take that, i never go into that section of the basement for good reason.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
      photo 3.jpg
      80.9 KB · Views: 449
    • photo 1.jpg
      photo 1.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 441
    • photo 5.jpg
      photo 5.jpg
      111.8 KB · Views: 441

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Here are Frankie (the Dachshund, duh!) and Sadie, a Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) mix.
    Frankie we got from Dachshund rescue four years ago. He's a standard full sized Dachsi, so he is a fit 23 lbs.

We just got Sadi from the Australian Cattle Dog rescue this weekend. They say she's half heeler, half Dachshund, but I'm not so sure. She's only about 8 months old.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415768338.422289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415768371.678275.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415768390.124533.jpg

CZ TAIJI

Sep 10, 2014
    brooklyn, md.
    We just got Sadi from the Australian Cattle Dog rescue this weekend. They say she's half heeler, half Dachshund, but I'm not so sure. She's only about 8 months old.

I THINK THEY MAY BE CORRECT, from what i could see of her body type and muzzle/head shape. she's a cute one. i hope frankie likes her. if he is smart he will imho. :D

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    You can always tell a home with a dog. Lots of blankets on the couch. :D

With Italian leather under it you're damned toot'n! :) Comes off when I get company but it is sad that I don't have the will power to train them to stay off the furniture. Just gave up on that losing battle years ago. Cheaper to throw up the big blanket

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    :lol2:

He is a cool looking dog.

The bichon in him will require a lot of attention.

As long as he will be the tripwire to alert you to strangers, before he hightails it out of the danger zone, he will earn his keep. lol

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    and I thought my next dog would be a Lab :o We have two other dogs (Shih-Tzu's) 9 and 8 years old. They follow my wife everywhere. My son comes home from college and jokes that his roommates cat is friendlier than them.
    Charlie was unplanned and adopted. I got a call from wifey one afternoon.....and I said OK.....
    I really like him :) and always get a great greeting when I come home!

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    My Scottish Collie

Here is Tucker, our 3 year old Scottish Collie (Not a large Sheltie). The kids are constantly hugging him and I wish I got a $1 for every time people yell 'Lassie'...

Attachments

• Tucker.jpg
      Tucker.jpg
      79.8 KB · Views: 332
    • Tucker_2.jpg
      Tucker_2.jpg
      70.1 KB · Views: 325

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members