• ...and so much more!
  • tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I did a Form 4 Individual Paper

Submitted 2/22/2017
    Approved 9/30/2017

This was my first NFA item so I wasn't sure what to expect.

It sucks that form 4 trusts are taking so long compared to individuals now. If I would have known, I would have skipped the trust crap. My check cash date was 1/12/17 and still waiting.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    It sucks that form 4 trusts are taking so long compared to individuals now. If I would have known, I would have skipped the trust crap. My check cash date was 1/12/17 and still waiting.

It's not just trusts. I did one in early dec of 16 individual and got it back a couple weeks ago. I have a trust one submitted May of 17.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

With the new mandate of the trusts, it would seem that the background checks on all the people listed on the trust is the holdup. Before it was just the principle party, but now it's everyone listed.

I hope this is the reason, I'd hate to think that they're that slow on any kinda application.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I'm torn on what to do.. I've seen several post up longer times with multiple people on trust..
    I'm leaning towards a single person trust and then buying all 4 cans I want over the next year or so..only THEN adding my brother and my gf/future wife and going thru the hassle of having them get prints photos etc all done when the time comes.. Meanwhile still holding onto 1% hope of the sportsmanship bill coming back into vote 2-3yrs down the road when things settle back down (post LV)

At this point is that the most logical path? Single person trust and add after all cans are bought?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I got good news from Baltimore's Best... my replacement Form 4 finally came in (got word on Friday, but I was out in WV for a long weekend and had to work late today so couldn't get to the shop before it closed)... If all goes well, I'll pick up my can tomorrow and be shooting quietly this weekend!!!!

Oneqwickr6

Feb 8, 2013
    SBR individual form 1
    Paperwork submitted 5/13/2017
    Approved 10/18/2017
    Stamp received 10/23/2017

My first 2 nfa items 9mm Ar and Ak47 SBR submitted both the same day and received both stamps today, should also note I bought 2 suppressors on form 4 individual from a dealer on 5/12/2017 and he's still has not received stamps so maybe form 4s are taking longer?

SBR individual form 1
    Paperwork submitted 5/13/2017
    Approved 10/18/2017
    Stamp received 10/23/2017

My first 2 nfa items 9mm Ar and Ak47 SBR submitted both the same day and received both stamps today, should also note I bought 2 suppressors on form 4 individual from a dealer on 5/12/2017 and he's still has not received stamps so maybe form 4s are taking longer?
    It appears to be up in the air. I got my Form 4 SBR individual stamp last week, filed in April. By buddy is still waiting for his, exact same thing, almost exact same gun, and he filed a month before me. But his cans already got released which were filed for in March also.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom