• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Great time on the boat Saturday afternoon with Captain Chris and Al. Our present to our son on his 16th birthday was this trip with some buddies. Chris worked hard to get us some fish and when they start hitting they didn't stop. Almost got to the limit too soon.

Chris also took us to the buoy marking the spot where Key was when he saw the bombardment of Fort McHenry. Very happy to have the history lesson for the boys. Thanks Chris! We'll definitely be back.

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
      IMG_0498.JPG
      59.1 KB · Views: 306
    • IMG_0502.JPG
      IMG_0502.JPG
      54.1 KB · Views: 311

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Great time on the boat Saturday afternoon with Captain Chris and Al. Our present to our son on his 16th birthday was this trip with some buddies. Chris worked hard to get us some fish and when they start hitting they didn't stop. Almost got to the limit too soon.

Chris also took us to the buoy marking the spot where Key was when he saw the bombardment of Fort McHenry. Very happy to have the history lesson for the boys. Thanks Chris! We'll definitely be back.

:thumbsup:
    Thanks for fishing with us!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Nice! I need to get out another evening soon! We went out Sunday morning for a half day and chased birds in the upper bay. We had a blast, all spinning tackle and mostly chasing the fish chasing the bait schools that birds were working. Caught a bunch of bluefish (which we were actually kind of targeting that day), a trout, a nice sized spanny mak and tons of small stripers. We had one that was close, but no keeper stripers. We did live line some the weekend before, our best was 29".

I may head out in the morning on Thursday with a buddy to target stripers up in the rivers off Eastern Bay. We did really well there last fall when the big fish moved up into the rivers, but we both think that they may already be up in there somewhat, so we're gonna go cast in the shallows and see what we can find, then head out in the afternoon to setup a couple of climbers and try to stick a Sika deer.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not sure if many of you bass fish like I do but right now the bite is hot! I have a hard time deciding between hunting and fishing this time of the year but Saturday I went to Rocky Gorge and tore them up from my new kayak. Here's the best.
    b35b5015293568ede5382a84a3531f15.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    ^ good for you.
    You've put your time in there this year.
    Show off the new yak.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I picked up a decent smallmouth on the Potomac this weekend but not as nice as the one I grabbed last month. He jumped out of the water three times; I'm not sure who was more excited the fish or me.

Attachments

• IMG_9707.jpg
      IMG_9707.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 242

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    thats a nice smallie pb, if the rain cooperates ill be hitting the susky for some fat fall smallies. I thought I had a picture of the yak all rigged up at the ramp but I must not of saved it. Its a 12' 8" sit on top designed for standing. Multi height swivel seat, multiple compartments that ill have to trick out, i run a lowrance hook 5 with the transducer off the side of a scotty transducer arm, milkcrate with 6 pvc rod holders, paddle clips, anchor trolley. I just got it last week but ill be sure to get some rigged pics this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_2220.jpg
      IMG_2220.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 231

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    Anyone have suggestions for fishing near anchored ships and barges in the bay. I hear it can be a productive spot for botttom fishing and jigging. Is there a protocol for pulling up near them, and how close is reasonable?

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    Get as close as you want as long as they aren’t moving. If you hear their whistle give five blasts get out of the way and monitor VHF 13 in case they try to call you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    DNR sure shows no love for MoCo. They are stocking trout heavy in PG and other counties. Landed two nice ones in Emmitsburg, with three others beating me. One was right at shore damn it.

Threw out a silver kastmaster, first cast way out from shore was hit as soon as it hit the water. Saw the trout after reeling to about 5yds from shore, before it threw the hook. The two I landed were powerbait.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    DNR sure shows no love for MoCo. They are stocking trout heavy in PG and other counties. Landed two nice ones in Emmitsburg, with three others beating me. One was right at shore damn it.

Threw out a silver kastmaster, first cast way out from shore was hit as soon as it hit the water. Saw the trout after reeling to about 5yds from shore, before it threw the hook. The two I landed were powerbait.

Barbless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom