• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Rockville Barracks has been my only MSP transfer experience and it will be my last. Horrible.
    Not surprising. MoCo is a liberal hell hole. Many other barracks are good. Don't shut down the idea. Glen Burnie is pretty efficient. If you based all your experiences on what happens in Montgomery County you probably would not want to live in Maryland at all.

TheDonMD

Mar 18, 2013
    HoCo
    Rockville Barracks has been my only MSP transfer experience and it will be my last. Horrible.

I have done transfers at Rockville and at Jessup (Waterloo). The experience depends entirely on the officer present at the time of the transfer. I have heard this is true at most locations. My last Rockville was fine.

aebsr

Reluctant Militant
    Jan 19, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Like others here said.. Why even involve the FFL in the Mags at all. :)

Absolutely. Complete brain fart on my end. That said, all the planning was for nothing it seems. Still sitting on the pistol. Collecting dust... but I'll definitely go the trooper route if I sell in state. I can't justify the cost of an FFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Absolutely. Complete brain fart on my end. That said, all the planning was for nothing it seems. Still sitting on the pistol. Collecting dust... but I'll definitely go the trooper route if I sell in state. I can't justify the cost of an FFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The transfer fees should be on the buyer

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Transfer fees are presumptively upon the buyer, unless specifically negeoated otherwise.

While MSP Barracks transfers have lowest monetary fees, it does then require buyer and seller to meet in person twice. No problem for neighbors or coworkers. But if buyer and seller live in different parts of the state, or at least one of them has a funky schedule, using the services of conviently located FFL could be advantagous. Buyer and seller wouldn't even have to meet other than for inspection of the merchandise.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If you want to do a MSP barracks transfer, both buyer and seller will have to complete transfer documents online on your computer before heading to the barracks.

Probably best for the buyer to start the process, leading to the seller providing his personal info to be plugged into the same computer.

MSP does not have laptops to do this.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Great info I was wondering how transfers would work at MSP now. It would be even better if you didn't need to go to the barracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom