• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Just got mine back, I see no difference in the trigger

Well throw it on the ground and see what happens! KIDDING KIDDING

Ya'll ain't making me real confident in bothering to be without my 320 and the one conversion kit I have - yes they want both, but have yet to email me over a month now...

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Just got mine back today, just about 2 weeks since I sent it in. I really do not feel any difference with the trigger when dry firing the handgun. Also got a coupon for 25% (or was it 20%) off on Sig gear. Maybe I'll check out one of the Romeo red dot sights.

Cal68

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Just got mine back today, just about 2 weeks since I sent it in. I really do not feel any difference with the trigger when dry firing the handgun. Also got a coupon for 25% (or was it 20%) off on Sig gear. Maybe I'll check out one of the Romeo red dot sights.

Cal68

You may wanna consider an Caliber X-Change Kit too if you're in the market.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Got my RMA Label. Guess I'm taking the plunge Quick lil tip for those who have Caliber X-Change kits. The email Sig sends says "Send in just your pistol at this time," however, if you checked the box that says you had X-Change Kits, you're supposed to send in both the pistol and any X-Change kits you have, in the same box. That was confusing to me, so I called and asked, and that's the answer I got, straight from Sig. Hope this helps someone. --JB

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    How have you all been packing everything up? I have one exchange kit to include... Do seem to believe they would need the multiple grip modules I have ?

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Just got mine back, I see no difference in the trigger

Before I sent mine in, there was a similar feel to the trigger by just repeatedly pulling the trigger during dry firing.

Since I've got mine back, after the initial firing pin drop while dry firing, nothing happens. The trigger pull was slightly lower on mine after I got it back but it has a very similar feel.

For those on the fence about sending it back, why not? It didn't cost me anything and I got a coupon for the website. I dropped mine off on Friday and picked it up 7 days later.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Sent in last Friday with conversion kit. No issue at FedEx, used the same approach as others, placed in Sig original case, carried into FedEx in reusable grocery bag, placed in there box and off it went.

On the return end, it will be coming to my house and will have to sign for it? Does FedEx communicate on day and time of arrival? Will I have to take the entire day off?

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Upgrade complete. February 9th dropped off at FedEx, returned February 22.

Does feel different. Slightly smoother and slight lighter at break. During dry fire I noticed that in order to get a break, or click after the first trigger pull the slide had to be cycled. Previously, a different break or click was present without slide racking. Will get out to the range soon?

Fed Ex did a good job with my request to delay delivery until after 5. They came in a special vehicle just before 6

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Interesting observations on my "Upgraded" P320 Carry in 40, and Caliber Exchange Kit in Compact 9 configuration.

I guess quick work doesn't necessarily mean clean work. Note pics. The one with the more obvious machining marks is my 40 slide.

Another note, the "standard" Sig box had no packing inside, as my smaller Caliber Exchange Kit case was flopping around in it. The result, both of my cases were scratched up more than when sent. Annoying to me because I tend to resell my guns of/when I want to get something new. Now my usually pristine boxes are now all scratched up.

On trigger feel, I'll echo the earlier post, no initial uncocked click anymore in the trigger, and also have to rack slide for every reset. Another observation on pulling the trigger, it slightly pulls the rear of the slide down onto the grip frame. You can notice this if you are looking down the sights as you pull the trigger - front sight looks like it dips on the break. I tend to shoot Sigs low to begin with, and intend on getting a shorter front sight anyway, but wondering this'll change my point of impact from before this "upgrade."

One plus, I did get 2 of the 25% off Sig Store coupon cards - one for the gun, and one for the Cal Exchange Kit. Sadly no extra mags as some have gotten - likely do to us being in MD.

Overall experience, I wouldn't do it again. I actually was fine with the trigger feel before. I merely did this for the purposes of having said it was done for the next owner...

82490588ab8be35d4bbf4bf2cc8972e0.jpg

cf182783b58c6e57259baffee31a1237.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Another observation on pulling the trigger, it slightly pulls the rear of the slide down onto the grip frame. You can notice this if you are looking down the sights as you pull the trigger - front sight looks like it dips on the break.

Mine does this as well, both the full size slide and the compact.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Im assuming that new made 320's come from the factory "fixed," right? Is there any easy way to tell whether or not it is "fixed" without looking up the serial number or taking whoever is selling its word for it?

Wongler

Nov 6, 2013
    Carlisle, PA
    Im assuming that new made 320's come from the factory "fixed," right? Is there any easy way to tell whether or not it is "fixed" without looking up the serial number or taking whoever is selling its word for it?

I usually tell if the update has been done by looking at the trigger. The trigger will be thinner. I'm not sure if there was a fix done by Sig where the trigger remained thicker.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I usually tell if the update has been done by looking at the trigger. The trigger will be thinner. I'm not sure if there was a fix done by Sig where the trigger remained thicker.

Pretty sure all new or upgraded ones have the skinny trigger.

Sooo...is the difference in thickness enough that you can tell just by looking at one, without comparing?

This is probably going to be my wife's next purchase...hopefully in a couple of months. :fingerscrossed: If at all possible, we want to avoid having to send back a "brand new" gun...know what I mean?:rolleye12

Wongler

Nov 6, 2013
    Carlisle, PA
    Sooo...is the difference in thickness enough that you can tell just by looking at one, without comparing?

This is probably going to be my wife's next purchase...hopefully in a couple of months. :fingerscrossed: If at all possible, we want to avoid having to send back a "brand new" gun...know what I mean?:rolleye12

I took a screen shot from some online images. Left is the new trigger, right is the old.

Also I got the full size RX 9mm kit, it came with a new low profile slide release.

Attachments

• screen-capture.jpg
      screen-capture.jpg
      12.7 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads