Current update on removing G&S requirment for Maryland CCW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    Probably will be flamed,oh well, its just the internet

Just checking in after some months,pretty much gave up on Maryland being a gun friendly state but am happy at least DC offers permits without reason.

I've skimmed through some posts but there's a LOT here. I remember couple years ago it looked like we were close to removing G&S reason requirement but got hit with legal appeals etc.

So as of May 2019 in Maryland , where are we at in the process of getting non restricted permits like Virginia and DC now offer???? We close?

Thanks in advance

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The routine bills that are always introduced were introduced again in this past session of the Maryland General Assembly and went exactly nowhere, as per usual.

We will likely not see Shall Issue here in Maryland absent a Supreme Court ruling and additional litigation efforts.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I lost my OAH for restriction removal , but won an add for my second business . But the MSP-LD failed to even honor the courts ruling in my favor . But they want me to abide by the court ruling on restrictions . Did i mention i like the LD of the MSP .

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    ...... and the forebearance of reptiles

:sad20:

th

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    They are not going to give up on G&S willingly. They have to prevent honest citizens from being armed. They can't have any of their career violent felons being put in danger.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I lost my OAH for restriction removal , but won an add for my second business . But the MSP-LD failed to even honor the courts ruling in my favor . But they want me to abide by the court ruling on restrictions . Did i mention i like the LD of the MSP .
    That sucks! It took me 4 minutes and $20 to renew my unrestricted PA permit this morning in Adam's County. It's a freaking shame that neighboring states trust me more than my home state.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    That sucks! It took me 4 minutes and $20 to renew my unrestricted PA permit this morning in Adam's County. It's a freaking shame that neighboring states trust me more than my home state.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And the MSP-LD still has not gotten back to me , i left my cell number to reach me .
    They need the "Legal Crap" beat into them thru the courts , they have a total disregard for the law and what the courts tell them to do but want Joe citizen to follow the law .
    I am about tired of the Maryland Bull-$hit but they know they can get away with it .:mad54:

BigRip

Nov 19, 2018
    While we're asking silly questions, how is it that Good and Substantial can be deemed unconstitutional in our nation's capital and elsewhere, and that ruling does not immediately influence law across the nation given the national nature of the Constitution? Surely the SCOTUS would feel compelled to tackle this so as not to allow unconstitutional laws anywhere in the country?

I visit this site weekly, sure that one of these times I'm going to see some good news (how much fun was the Legg ruling in 2012!), but man this wait is depressing.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    While we're asking silly questions, how is it that Good and Substantial can be deemed unconstitutional in our nation's capital and elsewhere, and that ruling does not immediately influence law across the nation given the national nature of the Constitution? Surely the SCOTUS would feel compelled to tackle this so as not to allow unconstitutional laws anywhere in the country?

I visit this site weekly, sure that one of these times I'm going to see some good news (how much fun was the Legg ruling in 2012!), but man this wait is depressing.

Because DC has its own separate judicial circuit and they chose not to appeal their loss, so the precedent stands in their circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Because DC has its own separate judicial circuit and they chose not to appeal their loss, so the precedent stands in their circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit covers more than just DC, but all federal property and agencies throughout the US.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Because an -0-appointed judge can rule an unconstitutional law nationwide (Immigration laws). And it stays that way until the SCOTUS rules otherwise. Or until SCOTUS finally tells the Appeals Circuits to stay in their own sandbox, law wise.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Because an -0-appointed judge can rule an unconstitutional law nationwide (Immigration laws). And it stays that way until the SCOTUS rules otherwise. Or until SCOTUS finally tells the Appeals Circuits to stay in their own sandbox, law wise.

As to the latter, is there a record of the SCOTUS ever doing so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom