Another great career opportunity at WMATA (Metro)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nope, get this when I click on the link.

Attachments

• AEEAF04E-4C01-4324-93C5-8FB6069CF033.jpg
      AEEAF04E-4C01-4324-93C5-8FB6069CF033.jpg
      26.9 KB · Views: 663

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Sorry about the link failure. If interested, head to WMATA.com, scroll down to careers, click on jobs, and look for the one mentioned. As you will see, there are many more positions open, too.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Sorry about the link failure. If interested, head to WMATA.com, scroll down to careers, click on jobs, and look for the one mentioned. As you will see, there are many more positions open, too.
    Do they have IT openings to fix their web site??? Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    They do have IT jobs posted. When I clicked the link yesterday, I got the same thing.

I clicked the link a 2nd time and there it was.

Attachments

• metro jobs.JPG
      metro jobs.JPG
      80 KB · Views: 414

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If i were younger i would love to get with the program , But WMATA has to be one of the worse run ventures as most of the government and municipalities . IMHO But for the money and bennies i could over-look such non-sense

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    If i were younger i would love to get with the program , But WMATA has to be one of the worse run ventures as most of the government and municipalities . IMHO But for the money and bennies i could over-look such non-sense

I didn't over look their non-sense. I got fired in 94, they had to place me back into my job. But i never stopped pushing back. Heck, they have a rule named after me. LOL

I would recommend them as an employer today and yes, good benefits.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I worked for a company that supplied Fiber Optic enclosures and cables to a sub-contractor of WMATA back around 2002. We presented an off the shelf solution that was a low cost knock off of the best brand name product at the time. I’m talking about simple wire management enclosures. However a committee of WMATA project managers “Had to have a custom solution”. They paid for so many prototypes and had every idiot and their mother weigh in on design details. It took months to spec something that was in all meaningful ways, available off the shelf. The kicker for me was that we delivered the 30 or so units which were powder coated black. Somehow they had some standard brown paint scheme that was never discussed or written into the spec, but they assumed that we knew about the color scheme. These were being installed into utility closets that would never ever be seen by the public. But, guess what , they paid to have them all disassembled and repainted.

I’m sure there are good hard working and intelligent people who work there, but they were not on this team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom