• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    This is from Joppa-Magnolia's FB Page:

#jmvfc8 is assisting Abingdon Fire Company - MD on scene of a House Explosion 2500BLK of Thornberry Rd in #edgewood. Units have fire showing from 3 houses. EMS responding for Injuried subjects.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    WBAL this morning is reporting a guy was blown out of the house. Sadly he had serious burns. But damn, blown out of the house and lived!

That's a lifetime of winning the "who's got the best scar story" contests.

:lol2:

We had a tornado touch down near my parent's house in NC a few years ago. One of the neighbors was inside his house at the time. They found him on the front lawn with a broken leg. Lucky to be alive, no doubt.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Not a funny situation bit it does remind me of an old joke:

Guy goes skydiving for the first time. At the right moment he pulls the ripcord, nothing happens. He starts to plummet faster toward the earth and then pulls the emergency cord. Nothing happens. Now he is really panicking. Just then he sees someone rocketing up from the earth and just as they get near each other he yells out:

"Hey, do you know anything about parachutes?"

The other guy responds:

"No, do you know anything about gas stoves?"

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    On WBAL News last night after the game they said BGE had found and fixed a leak there at the house after the fire.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    On WBAL News last night after the game they said BGE had found and fixed a leak there at the house after the fire.

Glad they fixed it before something bad happened. :rolleyes: How could the residents not smell the gas? They don't put mercaptan for no reason. Really hard not to smell it.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    why try to do gas stove repairs with little knowledge so very sad

No knowledge really.

When I got a PT job at a hardware store, it wasn't until about 2 weeks later I wondered how a majority of the clientele even managed to drive their car there, typical DIY homeowner types.

Calpoke

Dec 12, 2009
    Harford County
    Most DIYers will try anything once. That is all it takes for something like this to happen. Report said he was outside when it occurred. Makes you wonder why someone was still in the house who received server burns to their body according to the news report. Again, you can smell Natural Gas.

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    I remember this happened to a house in Rockville once. I heard the explosion from miles away. An older gentleman and his dog were in the blast. I heard he did it on purpose because the electric company shut off his electricity in the dead of winter. So he filled his house with natural gas and blew it up. I went by to see the damage and there was literally nothing left of the house. All of the surrounding houses had windows blown out at the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom