Westminster USA
    The DOJ letter addresses that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Is this why they say to avoid flying into NYC and NJ airports with your guns, and now magazines, at all costs?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Is it a prosecutors and even a judges job to enforce a law passed by a legislature and signed by a Governor that violates the constitution of either the state or the United States?

In anticipation of an answer about who the arbitrator of constitutionality is a second question. Can a despot keep promulgating laws in violation of constitutional protections that will be blindly enforced for years as they make seemingly glacier like progress through the court system to be ultimately rejected only to be replaced with an equally odious law to once again start the progress all over again ad infinitum?

just trying to make a point.

I take your point and share the frustration. It is well established that the courts decide "what the law is". And the courts are empowered to set aside statutes and practices that conflict with the Constitution, as they construe it. The prosecutor is just an advocate for the executive branch of the government in its interpretation of those laws. There are means (sanctions) available for bad faith, but ultimately there is only the willingness of the government to live within the law as declared by the courts. There is a strong tradition in the US for doing that. Not perfect, but strong. We are not a Banana Republic (at least not yet).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    PLEASE tell me you were using someone else's iPhone!!!!

"Yes it's true. This man has no dick"

I went over to the dark side Obe Wan. . I came into Dulles two hours late the other evening and called my daughter at 1130 at night to get me an UBER since I had a flip phone. She told me to get a Smart phone or the next time I could either walk home or take a 110 dollar cab ride..

So I am now reluctantly the owner of a certified pre owned Iphone 6s.

(Verizons's words not mine)

My flip phone now sits forlornly in the corner along with my kids' etch a sketch, an old Western Electric black desk phone, a Slinky, , my old Hula Hoop from the sixties and seventies, and other assorted future donations to the Smithsonian Museum of American History

[

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    boo hoo

Attachments

• phone.jpg
      phone.jpg
      63.3 KB · Views: 250

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    "Yes it's true. This man has no dick"

I went over to the dark side Obe Wan. . I came into Dulles two hours late the other evening and called my daughter at 1130 at night to get me an UBER since I had a flip phone. She told me to get a Smart phone or the next time I could either walk home or take a 110 dollar cab ride..

So I am now reluctantly the owner of a certified pre owned Iphone 6s.

(Verizons's words not mine)

My flip phone now sits forlornly in the corner along with my kids' etch a sketch, an old Western Electric black desk phone, a Slinky, , my old Hula Hoop from the sixties and seventies, and other assorted future donations to the Smithsonian Museum of American History

[

Welcome to the 21st Century. I couldn't live without the damn IPhone. Even my wife, as much as she hates the thing, has acquiesced. The kids, of course, are masters at it....

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    If I understand what the DA is saying, it takes them a day to figure out that the person they arrested is not a threat. If so, then why don't they just drop all charges at that point? Why force the victim to have to hire a lawyer and spend $15-17K getting the felony charge reduced to improper conduct or whatever? I agree with one of the earlier posters who pointed out that the "I just follow orders" statement did not work very well at Nuremberg in 1946. I sometimes get job offers in NY State but I always decline to even talk to the recruiters. I went to grad school in NY State in the 1980's, but cannot imagine living there now.

Cal68

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    If I understand what the DA is saying, it takes them a day to figure out that the person they arrested is not a threat. If so, then why don't they just drop all charges at that point? Why force the victim to have to hire a lawyer and spend $15-17K getting the felony charge reduced to improper conduct or whatever? I agree with one of the earlier posters who pointed out that the "I just follow orders" statement did not work very well at Nuremberg in 1946. I sometimes get job offers in NY State but I always decline to even talk to the recruiters. I went to grad school in NY State in the 1980's, but cannot imagine living there now.

Cal68

Don't expect the prosecutor to be reasonable and "do justice". He is not your friend.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It gets even better. Consider this...

You are flying from Manchester NH to Dallas Texas for a nice shooting holiday. 30 minutes into your flight, you experience engine trouble and have to be diverted to JFK. The airline has no flights available for 24 hours and tells you that you have to claim your baggage. In order to get your flight the next day, you will have to recheck in and declare your luggage. At that point, you will be arrested for having a gun in NYC.

Your best bet is to rent a car and make for the PA border as fast as you can.

Another issue our useless Republican Congress could address.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I have family in NY and it pains me I can't lawfully bring my guns there. NY requires you to have a permit from there to be able to possess firearms. You can only get that permit by being a resident or doing commercial business there for an extended period of time. Some counties are more gun-friendly than others.

When I became a UT CFP Instructor last year I had the pleasure of meeting an instructor from Westside, the only gun range in NYC.
    He has an honest-to-goodness New York City Carry Permit. It's unrestricted and he may even ride the subway while carrying; not even able to do this in DC or Baltimore.
    Look at the mess he had to go thru to get it: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/services/law-enforcement/firearms-handgunreq.page

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I have family in NY and it pains me I can't lawfully bring my guns there. NY requires you to have a permit from there to be able to possess firearms. You can only get that permit by being a resident or doing commercial business there for an extended period of time. Some counties are more gun-friendly than others.

When I became a UT CFP Instructor last year I had the pleasure of meeting an instructor from Westside, the only gun range in NYC.
    He has an honest-to-goodness New York City Carry Permit. It's unrestricted and he may even ride the subway while carrying; not even able to do this in DC or Baltimore.
    Look at the mess he had to go thru to get it: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/services/law-enforcement/firearms-handgunreq.page

What a communist shit hole. Makes DC and MD look like a beacons of freedom.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Let's see, the two cities in the country that are basically run by the mob. New York and Chicago. The two cities in the country where the law-abiding are virtually completely denied their right to own a handgun for self-defense. New York and Chicago.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Let's see, the two cities in the country that are basically run by the mob. New York and Chicago. The two cities in the country where the law-abiding are virtually completely denied their right to own a handgun for self-defense. New York and Chicago.

Chicago is shall-issue thanks to McDonald v. City of Chicago. But you can sub in Baltimore, Newark, Oakland, or any of the other crime ridden cities located in the slave states.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What a communist shit hole. Makes DC and MD look like a beacons of freedom.

Actually, it's easier to get a carry permit in NY (outside NYC) than Maryland. I have several relaives in Rochester with permits.

Of course, the bulk of the other laws are easily as nasty as MD, some are much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom