View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2017, 03:33 PM #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
The courts are trying to have it both ways. On one hand, you can't get standing to sue without paying for the license. On the other hand, you pay the fee so obviously you can afford it and weren't harmed.
You're mostly right,..the courts are not making it easy. Voluntarily signing an application for a license is a waiver of any rights that may be involved. One can contract(license application) away every right they have. The best option in that case would have been for someone to get arrested for not having the license. Of course you're not going to get anyone to do that if the penalty is a felony. We could easily find out just how rogue the court is by redoing Friedman v Highland Park...But with an actual damage with someone getting arrested for possessing an "assault weapon" for self-defense. It's a misdemeanor charge of up to 6mos in jail, so there is no lose of ones 2nd Amendment rights...I would volunteer to do that with financial support during time in jail. And if I were Wayne LaPierre, I'd do it on my own dime, but we all know what he's all about. The fact that we can't get any retired gun guy to do something along these lines, is pretty pathetic in a country of 300 million people...Pretty sad. So now we wait for a circuit split.
777GSOTB is offline   Reply With Quote