• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Indeed, and no bollocks, there's no reason as to why the president would come to Annapolis to try and persuade Maryland State Senators. The focus on the retreat is U.S. Senators, not State Senators. Federal level of government, not state. ;)

So he is coming, big deal. Proceed as planned.

This retreat has been held in Cambridge traditionally. Why the sudden switch? Why is he coming on Wed, if the retreat starts Tues.? I'm usually the one telling others to take the tin foil off. This is getting beyond coincidence.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This retreat has been held in Cambridge traditionally. Why the sudden switch? Why is he coming on Wed, if the retreat starts Tues.? I'm usually the one telling others to take the tin foil off. This is getting beyond coincidence.

And why did the GA/MD Senate decide to hold their hearings on the 6th pre-empting the original Feb 8th rally, and why did MDS specifically get hit with a 9 hour DoS attack today when the announcement came out in the press ? Coinkydink ? I don't think so ...

Enquiring Minds Want To Know.

Attachments

• tin-foil-hat-tinfoilhat-aliens-cubicle-demotivational-poster-1259327131.jpg
      tin-foil-hat-tinfoilhat-aliens-cubicle-demotivational-poster-1259327131.jpg
      47.6 KB · Views: 300

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Indeed, and no bollocks, there's no reason as to why the president would come to Annapolis to try and persuade Maryland State Senators. The focus on the retreat is U.S. Senators, not State Senators. Federal level of government, not state. ;)

So he is coming, big deal. Proceed as planned.

Agreed. However, the Westin is only about one mile or so from the Senate bldg in Annapolis. While he'll likely helicopter in, he could motorcade to the Senate bldg as a show of support to MOM. A motorcade would shutdown the whole downtown area.

While I don't think it's likely he'd show at the hearings, the possibility can't be ruled out. I'm still going to attend as should any other supporters. The politicians can't risk being viewed by the masses as using this ploy to discourage free speech or open discussion.

See you on the 6th!!!!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I doubt he's wrong. He's on the Judiciary Committee. Believe what you want but everything my source has told me has come to fruition. Just like my source said, "MOM and Obama know which dems are against the bill just like republicans know". He (Obama) is coming to town to change their vote. I was in Annapolis today and several people confirmed he will be there.

I just got done talking to my source at White House Communications Agency (my last unit before ETS). The Annapolis Westin is the only trip site for the 6th in Annapolis at this time. No other side trips on the board with regards to Annapolis.

Your source may be right, but I tend to trust my source since I served with him in the same unit he back in now, and will probably be on the trip to Annapolis.

See you on the 6th, the loser buys the winner dinner?

mallow

Pro-2A
    Dec 11, 2011
    Harford County
    Plan for the worst as far as closures and delays....Dick Cheney flew in via helicopter to a field at my college once (Villa Julie College, now Stevenson) back in 2007/2008....missed 2 classes cause of him, not that I'm complaining :)

He wasn't even visiting my school....just using the field to land...he was visiting a friend that lived in the area....lol

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

Believe me, I am not ruling out the possibility whatsoever. Let us take on a more vigilant stance and remain steadfast, shall we? The coincidence is in our misfortune, but let us not forget the First Amendment, the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. Mr. president claims that the Second Amendment withholds the First, so let us uphold his stance.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Agreed. However, the Westin is only about one mile or so from the Senate bldg in Annapolis. While he'll likely helicopter in, he could motorcade to the Senate bldg as a show of support to MOM. A motorcade would shutdown the whole downtown area.

The Westin is almost within throwing distance of nearly all routes into downtown to get to the Senate Building, especially if coming off of route 50 at the Parole exit or the Rowe Blvd exit. I guarantee it's not a coincidence. It's probably intended to block us from getting downtown.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    And why did the GA/MD Senate decide to hold their hearings on the 6th pre-empting the original Feb 8th rally, and why did MDS specifically get hit with a 9 hour DoS attack today when the announcement came out in the press ? Coinkydink ? I don't think so ...

Enquiring Minds Want To Know.

Ah so ddos is confirmed ....interesting. and if true very foolish..

Re the date change I think it was a miscommunication from the start. No date change. And think about it the 8 is a Friday .. good for us but the GA does not want to work on Friday..;)

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    How could this effect the rally? I mean they can't stop people from being outside. Worse case we all get dispersed and end up walking around the city with pro-2A signs.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I have a well informed source in Annapolis and I can tell you that Obama is definitely coming. He is going to meet with the dems to persuade them to vote for MOM's gun bill. According to my source we need 25 dems to vote against this bill. Currently there are 22 out of those 25 who have said they will vote against it. So, MOM has called in Obama to persuade/threaten those who would vote against it. If you want to know the truth there was a good chance this bill would be defeated. Now that isn't so much a certainty. My source tells me this is par for the course and they may be lucky to get 7 of those 22 to stick with their promise to vote against it once Obama persuades/threatens them. I was sick to my stomach when I heard this tonight. I will still be there to fight against this bill on the 6th though and I hope everyone else still plans on doing the same.

Hold up min. My Brooklyn bridge for sale meter just got pined in the red

Now I mean no disrespect but:

1. He cant really arm twist at the state level..( no authority )
    2. He can't even arm twist at the federal level at this point ( no money)
    3. Just by showing up he makes a fool of the governor.
    4. He brings us media we could never get on our own.

He may meet with fellow Democrats and sign some personal pictures etc. But that's about it .. more pat on the back than anything else.

Now who would benifit from making this look like a lost cause for us.

BTW how do you think it will play if the President lobbys for O'Malley ' s. Bill in MD but not his own ( his vp's work) in Washington.

Is he planing to endorse O'Malley? Will the gov endorse the president for governor of Md?. Good lord the press will not be on message for more than 10 min. Esp if we help them get off track.

Stay focused. Stay in the game. A know that even if true it makes the gov a fool and President far less presidential ( whatever that means anyway).

And this ddos thing if true ( that is if linked to our opposition) is very desperate, very risky oh and criminal....

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    The way I see this is that people need to go down on the 5th, stay at hotels and bed and breakfasts, and then walk to the Capitol complex.

If the ante is being upped, then we need to do the same.

- get a hotel room the night before, and park your car there

- find a bed and breakfast, and do the same

- if you have friends and family nearby, park there and walk over

This is important.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel

While I don't think it's likely he'd show at the hearings, the possibility can't be ruled out. I'm still going to attend as should any other supporters. The politicians can't risk being viewed by the masses as using this ploy to discourage free speech or open discussion.

See you on the 6th!!!!

When the President comes to Annapolis his helicopter lands at the Naval Academy fields, not the stadium. All 3 or 4 of them fly in and put down on the Academy. They close down the USNA entry gates during his arrival and they beef up security at the those gates and all along the water. There are already Marines on USNA running security. If he's going to the State buildings, the USNA is only a few blocks away.

It should not affect you parking at the USNA Footballl Stadium and bussing or walking in to the State buildings.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Oh I certainly plan on speaking my testimony! I'm making the most of my 3 minutes.

It looks like there will be far too many bills to get into 3min. You can submit written testimony on all of them without limitation. You will need 20 copies for the Senate committee and maybe a few to share with those less eloquent who need to fill their 3min.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    When the President comes to Annapolis his helicopter lands at the Naval Academy fields, not the stadium. All 3 or 4 of them fly in and put down on the Academy. They close down the USNA entry gates during his arrival and they beef up security at the those gates and all along the water. There are already Marines on USNA running security. If he's going to the State buildings, the USNA is only a few blocks away.

It should not affect you parking at the USNA Footballl Stadium and bussing or walking in to the State buildings.

This is the normal way he does Annapolis with the NA as the secure heliport ... I'm having some nerves about the shuttle route being affected ... can anyone confirm Annapolis has synch'ed the shuttle with the presidential restrictions?

If they stopped the shuttle at the last minute, it could be a HUGE plus for us as ... "thousands WALKED THE EXTRA MILE" to have their voices heard

bring your walking shoes just in case ... this would not be something impossible to pull off

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom