• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Hello everyone. Ive been a Marylander for all of my life, and lived in most of the populated counties at one time or another (PG, Balt, MoCo, AA, Mostly AA). I've been lurking the forums for a while, and have finally joined. I am a fairly private guy (digitally), this post will be the most "social media" I have done in a decade.

I have been shooting occaisonally for most of my life, but am just now getting serious about the sport/hobby.

There are many firearms in my family, but I just bought my first this year. I had been after it for quite a while. It is a Rossi Rio Grande in .410 stainless. A beautiful gun. I was tickled pink that I could get on paper with Hornady 410 Crit Def ammo at 100yds.

Since then I have gotten some too good to be true deals on a few others from people who were down on their luck. An 870 express magnum 20ga, and 870 tactical 20ga, and a Ruger Old Army 45LC with short barrel, fixed sights, CCC, and factory faux pearl/ivory grips.

Then I bought a FN 509C tactical, and I absolutely love it.

Most recently I paid for a LWRC DI Standard model, although I am in the dreaded NICS delayed response.

I am not sure what the requirements are here for DMs, but I think I need to get in touch with Ammo Jon.

I have been to MSAR, AGC, OnTarget, Delmarva Sporting Clays, and 12th precinct. I also have a lifetime membership to Frontsight Firearms Training Institute, and I hope to be able to go and use it soon.

I am always up for a range day if anyone needs a shooting buddy.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    Welcome!

Ammo John has been out of ammo for awhile... if I recall correctly. But there is still ammo to be found. Ammo seek is your best friend. 9mm is the hardest to find rn. G

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Ammoseek doesnt have anything less than 1$ per round that Ive seen. I can do better than that on gunbroker for 9mm. I need to start reloading. I am just about set up for it, but I have so much to learn. About 60c per round for 9mm is the best Ive found.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Thanks for all the welcome messages everyone. I am looking forward to getting to know some of you better and getting more involved in this sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom