• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Looks like I have to archive a few how to videos for some future projects.

I did as well. After I calmed down, we need to realize when one door closes another opens. The barrier to entry on finding videos and sharing probably isn't too great now.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    29340214_1528696463910081_1970911550982062080_n.jpg

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I deleted my YouTube app a couple weeks ago when they started removing content from gun channels.

I now view https://www.full30.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Full 30 is shitting the bed with the way they run their site too. They are more or less invite only for content creators and if you arent one of the big names on YouTube they wont even talk to you.

At this point in time everyone knows Full 30 and they could easily take over all of the genuine firearms related content (not bubba doing a mag dump of his deck) on the web.

Hopefully someone will see this as an oppurtunity to build a 2A friendly site and make tons of money off of it.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Looks like Reddit's been spooked by a new bill going through Congress. Probably at least part of the reason YouTube is doing what it's doing.

This thread is enlightening (read the comments):

http://reddit.com/r/announcements/c...ide_rules_regarding_the_use/dw2dsup?context=3

Reddit killed r/gundeals and r/gunsforsale today.

r/gundeals was merely an aggregation of links to legitimate sites. No actual gun sales. Pissed about this one in particular. Saved me a lot of money!

Press F to pay respects.

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    Reddit killed r/gundeals and r/gunsforsale today.

r/gundeals was merely an aggregation of links to legitimate sites. No actual gun sales. Pissed about this one in particular. Saved me a lot of money!

Press F to pay respects.

Saw that. There's a decent sized gun community on reddit, but the admins there are apparently notoriously anti. I'm sure this is the first step of many.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Do you believe this garbage??? YouTube Bans All Gun Demonstration Videos!

YouTube is entering the gun control debate with a new ban on videos which demo firearms or link to websites selling firearms or firearm accessories.

The move to ban firearm demos dovetails with the media platform’s desire to “prohibit videos with instructions on how to assemble firearms.”

Ironically, guns built at home have not been part of the mass public attacks that have drawn national attention over the past months and years, but guns acquired at retail via background checks have been.

Bloomberg reports that YouTube issued a statement in coordination with new prohibitions, saying, “We routinely make updates and adjustments to our enforcement guidelines across all of our policies. While we’ve long prohibited the sale of firearms, we recently notified creators of updates we will be making around content promoting the sale or manufacture of firearms and their accessories.”

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) said YouTube’s policy shift is “worrisome.” They fear that “educational content” may now be lumped in with prohibited firearm videos and everything lost together.

NSSF observed:

We suspect it will be interpreted to block much more content than the stated goal of firearms and certain accessory sales. We see the real potential for the blocking of educational content that serves instructional, skill-building and even safety purposes. Much like Facebook, YouTube now acts as a virtual public square. The exercise of what amounts to censorship, then, can legitimately be viewed as the stifling of commercial free speech.

YouTube’s new prohibitions come just days before students around the nation convene for the march for gun control.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/21/youtube-bans-all-gun-demonstration-videos/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom