• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    MSP - Appears to be a new trooper up. APPL can't applying on being a firefighter. Applicant did not provide any document on that he has been threatened or targeted. Not enough for G&S. Did not do informal review.

Board member asked is he was allowed to be armed during work. I think he said he has been threatened, but did not file complaint.

Board booting - I predict a loss. And I'm correct. I guess being a firefighter is not an assumed risk position. Just think about that statement for awhile. A person who goes into a burning building does not have an assumed risk job. Different situation, but kind of funny.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Next applicant an Air Force veteran. Talking about some of his tours. Talking about security breach. Also some other things about other lapses in security that have people's personal info stolen.

Has received training in his career. Primary reason is his information is out there for use by foreign and domestic bad guys.

MSP - question 23 reason. To protect himself, security clearance, and something else. Failed to provide any proof of being threatened. (I guess threats by ISIS to kill all American past or active service members is not a threat).

Board member retired from air Force, but is a defense contractor.

MSP prevailed again.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Next applicant up. Guy in a suite. Looking good! He works for someone (lots of letters) and is president. Trying to get business of contracts. Said he needed to get denied first before he can present an appeal.

MSP said he is prohibited in MD from owning a gun due to a charge in New York, a misdemeanor. MSP said to get it expunged and can then reapply. I think the charge was forth degree something. Possible sentence exceeds MD restriction.

MSP prevails - no reason to have a vote. Makes it look like they have power to issue a permit to a prohibited person.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Next applicant up. Jeans AND T-shirt, not so sharp. Applying for personal protection. Gave a list of things that has happened in his neighborhood. Guy on the radio threatened to kill him. He looked up his radio license to get his address. Said lasted shooting two miles from house. Another guy getting beat up two miles from house. I think he's in Waldorf. Waldorf is a high crime area. Dead body found two miles from house about 15 years ago. MS 13 gang rape in neighborhood. Cannot walk in his neighborhood after dark.

Posted a video on Facebook of police shooting through windshield. Then another guy posted that he he is racists and appeared to make a thread. Said he was a war veteran and said when he gets back from his tour he will kill him or something. Facebook is such a nice place.

I live close to that, it's getting to be a rough place.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Next applicant. Appealing his restriction. Restriction prevents ability to protect self and family. Has a TS clearance. A greater threat due to his position. Remains in condition of apprehended fear. Restriction ays as long as employed .........

Has signed an agreement, classified information non disclosure agreement. Provided to the board. Agreement said obligation is forever. As long as obligation exists, so does the threat.

MSP - July 9. Question 23. Says applicant has TS clearance. Verified. Applicant was approved with restriction. Pickle did an informal review and updated restriction. No documention regarding threats. Restrictions are reasonable.

Board said it's basically unrestricted. Applicant stating he intends to remain employed. Is concerned about lifetime requirement of information he safeguards.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Interesting that the board gives the applicant's paperwork back. In this case it might be sensitive, but you'd think they'd want to preserve it for the record. You know, a due process issue.

Due process, wtf is that?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Board is just going through the motions until the veto is overridden... I am going to have a tough time milking a tear when the Board goes away...:sad20:

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    MSP - Jan 15 application. Question 23. Applicant ion failed to provided any documentation of threats. Lack of G&S.

MSP's insistence on "third party" evidence of threats is arbitrary and capricious. The W&C application is under oath/penalty of perjury. The sworn statement of the applicant IS evidence, in and of itself.

CaptPrice

Jul 14, 2019
    Annapolis
    MSP - Appears to be a new trooper up. APPL can't applying on being a firefighter. Applicant did not provide any document on that he has been threatened or targeted. Not enough for G&S. Did not do informal review.

Board member asked is he was allowed to be armed during work. I think he said he has been threatened, but did not file complaint.

Board booting - I predict a loss. And I'm correct. I guess being a firefighter is not an assumed risk position. Just think about that statement for awhile. A person who goes into a burning building does not have an assumed risk job. Different situation, but kind of funny.

Man this pisses me off... I was going to apply under similar parameters (I’m a FF/EMT also). I have been threatened by patients several times and I live close to where I work. Our patients are protected by HIPPA, we can’t give out information about them

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Man this pisses me off... I was going to apply under similar parameters (I’m a FF/EMT also). I have been threatened by patients several times and I live close to where I work. Our patients are protected by HIPPA, we can’t give out information about them

Get/keep witness statements from your peers, and work the HIPPA angle into your application.

All FF/EMT's should be doing this (witness statements).

If you guys have a union, approach them with creating an incident form. They can keep them on file for any future needs. They don't necessarily need to know your purpose would be for a permit to carry.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Is not doing an informal review frowned upon by this new board? I skipped it because as far as I know, almost no one has ever changed the decision using it.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Actually, an informal reviewed worked for me. Lausock said a gave them misleading information, when they asked about my clearance. They said they call my employers and said the level I stayed was not the one that I had. I specifically did not tell them because I don't believe they have a need to know. Once that was cleared up, I got a restricted permit based on my business, not my DoD employment. I worked with Pickle. Great guy.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Actually, an informal reviewed worked for me. Lausock said a gave them misleading information, when they asked about my clearance. They said they call my employers and said the level I stayed was not the one that I had. I specifically did not tell them because I don't believe they have a need to know. Once that was cleared up, I got a restricted permit based on my business, not my DoD employment. I worked with Pickle. Great guy.
    It's good you relished working with Pickle.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I understand that Del. Wayne Hartman is drafting a bill to add fireman, EMT, and several other occupations to the assumed risk section for w & C. Hope it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom