• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So stupid BGOS question. Can you make this conversion in Maryland. If I have a 30 round mag, can I convert it to a different caliber high capacity clipazine? If you convert a magazine in the woods, does anyone care? Or should I keep a receipt that shows I did the handiwork at Tysons Corner?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So stupid BGOS question. Can you make this conversion in Maryland. If I have a 30 round mag, can I convert it to a different caliber high capacity clipazine? If you convert a magazine in the woods, does anyone care? Or should I keep a receipt that shows I did the handiwork at Tysons Corner?

You can use my parking spot at the Arby's in Gettysburg.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Great idea. Thanks for sharing LS1. I like the dedicated lower but will keep an eye on this to see how it works over time.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Been there done that with YouTube videos. Some times things work and sometimes they dont. Lets hope the clipazines work every time and not just enough to make a short video.:thumbsup:

In a comment they said it has a lifetime guarantee and if for any reason it doesn’t work in your particular gun you can return it for a full refund.

This alone makes me think it probably works as advertised. They wouldn’t make enough as a half asses quick buck money maker to really make it worth it. I bet they’re around for a while.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Cool idea, but I already have a few Glock lowers and a chit ton of Glock mags so this makes no sense for me.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Seem to me, this is the same principle AR15-22 type magazines use, for conversion kits, so I am inclined to think these will work great.

In a comment they said it has a lifetime guarantee and if for any reason it doesn’t work in your particular gun you can return it for a full refund.

This alone makes me think it probably works as advertised. They wouldn’t make enough as a half asses quick buck money maker to really make it worth it. I bet they’re around for a while.

I'm hopeful that they work too. I think its a good option for some people. :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If this uses standard 9mm ar bolts, buffers, and barrels, I’m very interested. I have my doubts that this will be the case because the extractor that is built into the magazine insert looks really wide.

Someone would have to come up with a maglula like loader before I would fully convert away from colt mags though.

^^^This(of course all my 9s are dedicated lowers)

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    IMHO, this is absolutely fantastic. One of my biggest gripes about this, however, is (as mentioned above) there not being a loader for it. Hmmm...money idea?

I have several dedicated AR-9 plats and one that uses the GBlock. It works...somewhat well, though perm modding my Glock Mags to work with it is not ideal. I preordered a couple, when they come, I'll post a review.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So all I would need to shoot 9mm out of a standard AR is a 9mm BCG and this mag?

Seems correct sajidakh

We have newbies here so we should be more specific because someone could get crossed up:

No, you cannot shoot 9mm out of a standard AR just by obtaining this 9mm mag insert and a 9mm Bolt Carrier Group.

You must have purchased or built an AR upper with a 9mm barrel to go along with the 9mm mag insert showcased in this thread.

Carry on.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Then there's this...by purchasing a dedicated 9mm AR lower using Glock mags, you can have the pistol/carbine combo using one mag format--and access to 33 round mags and/or the standard Glock pistol mags (but no established loaders).

We have already seen problems with people getting their 5.56 and 6.5 Creedmore mags mixed up.

Once I bought into the dedicated, flawlessly running PSA 9mm carbine system, I've never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom