• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    It seems the placement of a sling is a personal thing. I am interested to see how you prefer to use a sling. How did you settle on your set up? Sibgke point, two point, etc. Pics would be helpful.

TD

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Single-point sucks unless you wear a cup or have a thing for enjoying getting your balls smashed constantly.

2 point FTW.

I like the Vickers Sling.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I’m a 2 point guy. Always have been. I have blue force gear slings for all my ARs and in my opinion, they are the most versatile & comfortable slings out there. I’ll post pics when I get back home tomorrow.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I concur, if you are moving...a single point slaps you in the balls...and you cant hold the gun, that defeats the purpose of a sling.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I do both. When going single attachment, I rig it the opposite of the 'norm' though. No wiener busting and it tucks securely under my right arm, behind my sidearm.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Mostly US GI Garand (or M14) Nylon slings for files with standing loops. The unpadded SuperSling found at Walmart works well with sling studs, and includes heavy duty swivels for around $18.

Got a Magpul RLS (Rifleman Loop Sling) on the way. Looks similar to the US GI sling but with nylon hardware and available in Coyote.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I always knew 2 point was better but I was too lazy to switch from 1 until recently. Much better for actually hiking with the gun.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Vickers/Blue Force Gear VCAS, Sheriff of Baghdad sling, or Viking Tactics VTAC Sling. Proctor if you like a true minimalist approach.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I own one of the Magpul MS slings. It is okay but my least favorite 2 point. I own multiple Viking Tactics 2 points, Vickers/BFGs, and ferro concepts slingsters. Mostly buying ferro concepts slingsters these days, as they are light, very adjustable, don't get in the way, and are the easiest to adjust when on the move. I like the Viking Tactics wider padded slings for heavier firearms if I'm not wearing body armor. It's a bit large and heavy though.

Never tried a savvy sniper sling because their website is super confusing. I assume it's just easier to call and talk to them. I hear good things though.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I like the BFG/Vickers CAS 221, which is Vickers’ 2 point, with quick detach connectors and some unique additional hardware.

BFG’s proprietary Rapid Emergency Detachment Swivel (RED Swivel) sits at the front of the sling. At the other end, a small slider with a female QD socket sits a few inches forward of the male QD connector that’s at the rear

Most of the time, the sling can be used as a regular two-point. However, in the event that a single-point is needed, you can quickly reconfigure.

All you need to do is pull the knob to release the male connector from its forward position on the rail, and snap that male connector into the female socket at the rear of the sling. When you’re ready to return to two-point, just reverse the steps.

The RED Swivel makes the conversion super quick and easy, and its design mitigates against the chance of accidental release.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    2 point and all of my rifles wear M1 carbine reproduction slings (my AR-15s, 10/22, etc).

Three exceptions. My M1 Garand wears a 50s repro Garand sling. My SKS wears a repro Soviet SKS sling (even though it is a Norinco SKS) and my M1 Carbine wears a single point sling just to F with everyone*!

My muzzle loader wears a claw sling and my 870 has a plain nylon generic 2 point.

IMHO those “old” canvas slings are light, reasonably durable, comfortable and work well for bracing off hand. I don’t use my rifles or gear in such a way that I need to adjust them often and I can set them such that I have good tension for using my arm and sling to brace the rifle and they’ll also be comfortable for slinging the rifle while hunting or carrying it around.

*just kidding, it also has an M1 carbine sling.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I do both. When going single attachment, I rig it the opposite of the 'norm' though. No wiener busting and it tucks securely under my right arm, behind my sidearm.

This what I do. I have never had my nuts busted on singlepoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom