• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It appears you now have to present your DC letter when at the dealer to purchase. This is a big change as many folks don't have their original letter. MSP always handled this portion by checking their database

I noticed this in the users guide when reading it. There is a small caption that says if you claim DC status, you must present your letter to te dealer.

see attached pic bottom item

Then MSP will have to start reissuing DC letters.

A few people who lost theirs, asked about a replacement and were told they did not issue them, as MSP knew if you had a DC or not.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Anyone else have a bad feeling about submitting all of this personal info, via a network know to be insecure, and to an agency know to allow unqualified individuals complete access to applicants' info AND running an OS with no security updates?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Then MSP will have to start reissuing DC letters.

A few people who lost theirs, asked about a replacement and were told they did not issue them, as MSP knew if you had a DC or not.

It doesn't say that on the application...I just did it 2 minutes ago...

It is not required...it says:

It is recommended that applicants present their Designated Collector letter to their selected firearm dealer when applying for a multiple firearm purchase.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It took a bit longer that others have reported.

But registered, and first 77r in the system. #184. :)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Anyone else have a bad feeling about submitting all of this personal info, via a network know to be insecure, and to an agency know to allow unqualified individuals complete access to applicants' info AND running an OS with no security updates?

Unfortunately it's the only game in town. Pray that at least the session is under https. Maybe the LD did not go with the lowest bidder this time. So far it looks like they didn't.

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    So I'm kind of confused...Recently got my HQL and looking to make my first handgun purchase.

Just went through all the steps on the portal...haven't hit submit yet.

I have not purchased a handgun yet. Can I process this 77r then go to dealer in 7 days to make a purchase with PIN# and walk out with firearm? If I complete this today and don't make a purchase for a month, is that acceptable?

I guess my question is when does the 7 day window start...when the dealer enters your pin# or when you submit the 77r....

Somewhat confusing to someone who has never went through the regulated purchase process before....Thanks in advance.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    It took a bit longer that others have reported.

But registered, and first 77r in the system. #184. :)

I just finished mine too. Was that last "report theft" question new? Don't remember that in the paper version. My reading comprehension of legal talk is horrible and I was afraid every page was going to time out on me again. I could tell the dealer was getting annoyed when I was filling out the paper version because I took so long and kept reading each question over and over out loud to myself. :tap:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I just finished mine too. Was that last "report theft" question new? Don't remember that in the paper version. My reading comprehension of legal talk is horrible and I was afraid every page was going to time out on me again. I could tell the dealer was getting annoyed when I was filling out the paper version because I took so long and kept reading each question over and over out loud to myself. :tap:

I'd find another dealer. There should be no fear or penalty for being careful and certain on legal documnets of any kind.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD

It has always been there. It was last and you just had to initial to acknowledge.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    So I'm kind of confused...Recently got my HQL and looking to make my first handgun purchase.

Just went through all the steps on the portal...haven't hit submit yet.

I have not purchased a handgun yet. Can I process this 77r then go to dealer in 7 days to make a purchase with PIN# and walk out with firearm? If I complete this today and don't make a purchase for a month, is that acceptable?

I guess my question is when does the 7 day window start...when the dealer enters your pin# or when you submit the 77r....

Somewhat confusing to someone who has never went through the regulated purchase process before....Thanks in advance.

The 7 day wait starts when the dealer uses your PIN to enter the gun & dealer info and submits the 77r to the MSP. Not when you fill out the application to get the PIN.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The 7 day wait starts when the dealer uses your PIN to enter the gun & dealer info and submits the 77r to the MSP. Not when you fill out the application to get the PIN.

I know this was asked but where is my PIN? I have a completed 77 in draft for tomorrow at A1Uniform but I haven't gotten a pin #

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I know this was asked but where is my PIN? I have a completed 77 in draft for tomorrow at A1Uniform but I haven't gotten a pin #

I got mine by email after I electronically signed it and submitted it.
    There should be a tab on the right in the finished section if you need the PIN resent.

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD

Guess I was wishful thinking....Thanks

Also, the pin# and application# come via email after submitting. I guess it will just sit and linger infinitely until entered by dealer.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

I squeezed in one more paper deal the other day. I'm now on the sidelines to see how much this digital fustercluck turns out.

And having to carry around Designated Collector letters? Thanks Obama !

The requirement for an email address and credit card--with no other options--amount to Jim Crow 2017. The fact that the govt--as with the HQL--is requiring this for you to purchase a legal, constitutionally guaranteed product is tyranical.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Report theft?

No, that question was added "recently", from FSA2013 I recall.

Thanks for the clarification but since I have only filled them out after FSA2013 it has always been there from my perspective. The point was it wasn't added as part of this new online version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom