• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Then why did I and others I've spoken with get grilled on the interview about CASH deposits or handling of cash. The inference wasn't subtle that cash is an element.

Because the interviewer, most likely a retired or washed up ex trooper, is not familiar with the new (Sept '15) SOP. They ask for a lot of information that is not on the SOP. I'm sure you were also asked which firearm you planned on carrying once you received your permit.

When the Missus got her permit I told the interviewer that I wanted to be there. She wouldn't let me sit in on the interview but said she would talk to me (she was going to anyway on the phone) so after she asked her questions I asked her about a half dozen of my own. This interviewer HAD NO CLUE that there was a new SOP and admitted that my informing her was the first she had heard about it.

I had a close friend of mine just go through the process and his interviewer (different from the one mentioned above) made him produce a document that is not only NOT in the SOP but is something so far fetched that I have NEVER heard of any applicant requiring this document. PM me for details.

I don't have a ton of stock in ALCOA, but it would not surprise me that this is done on purpose to discourage potential applicants. Someone tells someone else and that person tells someone who is on MDS who then spreads it like gospel as we have seen previously up thread.

And for whoever's turn it is over at the LD to monitor these threads today, whazzzup! :wave:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Disagree, he tried and failed.

I'd be happy to help. Been through the process several times and never failed.

How you ask, what you ask for, and who you ask all count.
    I forgot to mention the restriction you posted for your partner isn't even the new standard business owner restriction. It would simply state: "while conducting business as owner of A1".

A change to this restriction if requested is guaranteed as this is the way all new business owner permits read.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I forgot to mention the restriction you posted for your partner isn't even the new standard business owner restriction. It would simply state: "while conducting business as owner of A1".

A change to this restriction if requested is guaranteed as this is the way all new business owner permits read.

He renewed about 2 years ago, so the wording essentially says what the above denotes, "while on company business," but I don't recall exact wording.

I have him show me tomorrow.

Problem is, you really can't stretch it to carry in every situation you would need to, and still be within your restriction.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    He renewed about 2 years ago, so the wording essentially says what the above denotes, "while on company business," but I don't recall exact wording.

Problem is, you really can't stretch it to carry in every situation you would need to, and still be within your restriction.
    He can get the new standard restriction modified to include "and while transporting firearms" pretty easily. Additionally a FFL and a FFL employee have gotten permits modified to include while carrying keys to the business believe it or not.

Either way is 24/7 carry.

The offer to assist stands if your partner is interested.

If he wanted to take it all the way to the HPRB he would almost certainly be given an unrestricted permit. Of course that is a lengthy process. The modifications process through MSP moves pretty quick.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Then why did I and others I've spoken with get grilled on the interview about CASH deposits or handling of cash. The inference wasn't subtle that cash is an element.

Because MSP field interviews still don't follow the MSP SOP for wear and carry permit application process.

Deposits play absolutely no part in getting a permit, all that is needed (if asked for) is a letter from your bank stating you have active business accounts.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere

Demo of concealed carry firearm that he sells in his shop. Two birds with one stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom