• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    my first modification only stated that i had to send a passport photo and check for $10.00. received the modified permit in a timely fashion. upon renewal, i went the 'informal review' way to get the restrictions removed. if interested, i can PM you with the details of the review.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I had the same business restrictions and was able to successfully have the board vote to remove the restrictions. Still waiting for it to arrive

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    1. Welcome

2. How long ago did you receive your permit? If you are still within 10 days, you can appeal for an informal command review(with the same troopers who gave you the restrictions) or appeal to the handgun permit review board.

3. If you are outside of 10 days since you received your permit, you can pay $10, mail in your permit with a letter asking for a modification. Yes, you can still carry while your permit is not in your possession.
    You do not need to mail in your old permit when requesting modification. I have been through the process multiple times and still have the old permits.

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. This is not spam. We are a mdshooters industry partner! https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    thanks Montoya and cruechief,
    does md ever issue a carry all, unrestrictive for non leos? have you guys ever heard or seen of one, unrestrictive type? My wife says I should be happy with what I have and not try and piss off msp by asking for a review.

jdoley
    Yes it is indeed possible. Several forum members have unrestricted Maryland permits. Hope to meet you on October 29, you will likely see a few unrestricted permits there.

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. This is not spam. We are a mdshooters industry partner! https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 414

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics