• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I wouldn't own a gun I couldn't fully load the mag on.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Keep mine loaded.
    Have used mags loaded for more then a year without a problem.
    I'm more concerened about dirt inside the magazine causing a feed malfunction:)

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I wouldn't own a gun I couldn't fully load the mag on.

Sometimes its the magazines. I have a kimber that shoots cheap 4$ mags all day and one of my wilson combat mags except for one 8rd wilson combat that when I put all 8 in it does it often. I also have a .22 thats a jam-o-matic but I still enjoy shooting it I just know that if I shoot cheap ammo through it I will have to deal with it. I would never use a gun that does this for a HD weapon but for the money it can be a fun plinker with a minor flaw, usually if this happens theres little things you can do to solve the problem its not always damning to the gun so I would never say that I wouldnt own one.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    That is why you carry extra mags, in case of a mag failure.

There is a much better solution to this problem then carrying a whole bunch of magazines for no reason, Barney Fife just carried one bullet in his shirt pocket and he didnt have to worry about fully loading his mags or first round jams or any of that stuff.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If springs went bad under load, don't you think manufacturers would lighten the spring compression, i.e... a 10 round mag with a "spring load" suitable for 9 rounds? Make them weaker so to speak? Never had a spring problem nor have I ever saw a manufacturer recommend loading -1.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    IMO the only reason to not fully load mags is if you have a hard time getting the mag seated with the bolt/slide closed when they are topped off. Some mags don't leave a lot of wiggle room and when full can prevent the mag from locking into the gun. I don't have any mags with that problem but some brands are that way.

luv2shoot

Aug 19, 2010
    USA
    i dont have a spring problem, but i have the original sig and hk mags so don't know about other cheap mags.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    There is a much better solution to this problem then carrying a whole bunch of magazines for no reason, Barney Fife just carried one bullet in his shirt pocket and he didnt have to worry about fully loading his mags or first round jams or any of that stuff.

Barney had a revolver....no mag needed lol

Thats what I do, a crook breaks in at night and Im going through my shorts looking for that 1 bullet!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I don't keep my 22/45 mags loaded and if I had a SIG P210 I probably wouldn't keep those loaded, but any carry or home defense mag, it is loaded to capacity.

My brain says 17+1 for my S&W M&P, 9mm. If I HAD to use it, I don't want to be thinking "Is this a full mag or do I only have 10 in here?" when facing Mr Bad Guy.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

You don't carry extra mags for no reason.:cool16:

Barney Fife didn't have to carry a semi auto for work. Just like I cannot carry my LCR for work. Which I wouldn't want to anyway :) That is why I train to carry those whole bunch of magazines. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom