• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am thinking about getting a 37 MM launcher to go under my ar 15 and have some questions buth dealing with the federal and MD regs.

I know they can be bought as a flair launcher with no paperwork. but if you want they can be registered as a D.D.with the ATF
    How would I make it from a flair launcher in to a D.D.?

what is the MD laws regarding a 37 MM launcher?

I know anti personal rounds are a no-no with out it being a D.D., What rounds can be fired from it with out the paperwork

What rounds are legal to use in MD

Can the fireworks round be used in MD?
    smoke rounds be used?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    No special laws for a 37mm

Smoke and flare are pretty much what you are limited to, making it eunuch. :D

PM Midcounty for pricing :innocent0

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I know you can make up your own 37mm rounds, if legally licensed etc, etc...

But aren't most anti-personnel rounds 40mm? And isn't each "explosive" round considered a unique DD?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have seen 12 ga shotshell and 38 special adaptors for it as well as other rounds for it, I would like to use the 12 ga so I will have to do the D.D. paperwork how do I go about doing it.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Gotta be careful with the firework rounds. all air based fireworks are illegal in MD without the right permits.

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    I have seen 12 ga shotshell and 38 special adaptors for it as well as other rounds for it, I would like to use the 12 ga so I will have to do the D.D. paperwork how do I go about doing it.

I like that idea. I havent seen one with that yet

Sent from the toilet via Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You create a DD the same way you create an SBR: engrave, fill out the form, pay your money, and wait a while.

Two things I'd point out about ammo:
    1. Chalk rounds in a non-DD 37mm launcher are now a no-no.
    2. Each high explosive round is its own DD. They are basically cost prohibitive to use.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    As stated above, smoke and flares are pretty much it. The Spikes Havoc 37mm launchers are pretty popular:

The 9" side loading pictured, they also have a 12" rear loading.
    STH0911.jpg

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    You create a DD the same way you create an SBR: engrave, fill out the form, pay your money, and wait a while.

Two things I'd point out about ammo:
    1. Chalk rounds in a non-DD 37mm launcher are now a no-no.

So.. No more 37mm chalk rounds to put lime on hard to reach areas of my backyard. Bummer

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm on the fence right now about getting one of these myself, seems like alot of $$$ to lay out to not to really be able to have a little fun with it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm on the fence right now about getting one of these myself, seems like alot of $$$ to lay out to not to really be able to have a little fun with it.
    They make financial sense[1] if you live in a place with wide open areas nearby. Example: if you're in Nevada and can drive 15 minutes to the desert where NO ONE is going to be around for a square mile, well, yeah, you could shoot a 37mm launcher regularly with no problem. (Range on a 37mm projectile is only 50-300m, right? Not a whole lot.)

But around here? Eh, probably not so much. You might find a range or two crazy enough to let you fire a DD'd 37mm with a caliber insert, but that's about it.

[1] Insofar as "you could use it enough to justify buying it". Still a toy...

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They make financial sense[1] if you live in a place with wide open areas nearby. Example: if you're in Nevada and can drive 15 minutes to the desert where NO ONE is going to be around for a square mile, well, yeah, you could shoot a 37mm launcher regularly with no problem. (Range on a 37mm projectile is only 50-300m, right? Not a whole lot.)

But around here? Eh, probably not so much. You might find a range or two crazy enough to let you fire a DD'd 37mm with a caliber insert, but that's about it.

[1] Insofar as "you could use it enough to justify buying it". Still a toy...

Well I do live in the sticks and I'm sure that nobody around here would say to much about it, all my neighbors are family, more likely they would be fighting to play with it.:D

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    As stated above, smoke and flares are pretty much it. The Spikes Havoc 37mm launchers are pretty popular:

The 9" side loading pictured, they also have a 12" rear loading.
    STH0911.jpg

Say hellol to my Lil friend.

Noticed your avatar viperry, I do the same. Coach (CR) for roger Lyle as well.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I had a thread on this about two months ago and Maui had posted a link to the spikes launcher, but I was wondering who else makes these besides spikes. I need one of these like I need another hole in my head, but since I got the PTR 91 I still want to hang one of these from one of my cheaper AR's.
    I'm not sure which one would go better on a 16 inch barrel carbine length gas system, a 9" or a 12"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom