• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Hogan showed up at our local mosque making his campaign rounds where I asked him to add self-defense as applicable under G&S more or less. I tried to record it on video, was nervous as hell and sounded like a bumbling idiot. But, all in all good first try to speaking truth to power! Anyways, I'll vote for him again because I'm not a big fan of taxes. We can stop holding out for him helping us out on his "next" term.

My question is am I mistaken? He says he can't do it without court and/or legislature? Is he lying or misinformed or am I?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hogan showed up at our local mosque making his campaign rounds where I asked him to add self-defense as applicable under G&S more or less. I tried to record it on video, was nervous as hell and sounded like a bumbling idiot. But, all in all good first try to speaking truth to power! Anyways, I'll vote for him again because I'm not a big fan of taxes. We can stop holding out for him helping us out on his "next" term.

My question is am I mistaken? He says he can't do it without court and/or legislature? Is he lying or misinformed or am I?

Great job. Hogan said that the courts wouldn't allow him to change the G&S standard, and then he ran as quick as he could from you, lol.

It's a short video folks. Worth a look.

(and it goes without saying that he's still better than Jealous)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is a lot of what I've been hearing, and not really able to articulate... but the concern is that Frosh intends to quash anything Hogan COULD do, and especially WOULD do...

I guess it's a matter of discretion being the better part of valor, and all that...

Good on the OP for stepping forward.

NEXT!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    There needs to be NOTHING done, but a change in the way the SP interpret G&S. No law change, no massive press conference. Frosh will throw a hissy fit, but Frosh will have to bring a lawsuit and in the meantime, thousands will get their permits.

Wait, wait, wait... I thought all Republicans were against Muslims and would never visit a mosque.
    Good for you questioning him.
    It is my understanding that he can make personal protection official G&S. It is also my understanding Frosh can immediately contest it and tie things up in court for years. IANAL.

Peace be unto you and all defenders of America.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It’s an election year. He won’t touch it with a 10 meter cattle prod
    Yeah, but he's had the previous few years, and once promised to do this. He's just a 2A coward. With the example of DC having to loosen their concealed carry permit process, it may constrain changes in the language that MD can effect, so we might see a legislative "fix" as we've seen with the HPRB (giving the legislature expanded powers to give consent on the appointment of the individual in the MDSP that dictates the G&S standard).

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    There needs to be NOTHING done, but a change in the way the SP interpret G&S. No law change, no massive press conference. Frosh will throw a hissy fit, but Frosh will have to bring a lawsuit and in the meantime, thousands will get their permits.

This. The Secretary of the MSP could actually do it without his boss's blessing and it would be legal according to statute.

What you videotaped OP was election speak.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yeah, but he's had the previous few years, and once promised to do this. He's just a 2A coward. With the example of DC having to loosen their concealed carry permit process, it may constrain changes in the language that MD can effect, so we might see a legislative "fix" as we've seen with the HPRB (giving the legislature expanded powers to give consent on the appointment of the individual in the MDSP that dictates the G&S standard).

No fix needed. Perfectly within the realm of the discretion of the Secretary of MSP. All Hogan has to do is pick up the phone but the fact remains that he is solely focused on becoming the first R Gov who wins re-election in deep blue MD.

He can feign plausible deniability with the HPRB. "What? Those guys are doing what? Who knew?"

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Frosh could file suit but the statute is pretty clear.

If the statute is clear it would be the very first and only one in MD. in any case anti-gun judges would let Frosh define it how he likes.

I was never a fan of the "pen and phone" approach of Obama. I dont change my opinion just because the different party sits in the gov seat.

There will be a time to move hard on this, once Kavanaugh is sworn in and we've broken the Dem supermajorities giving Hogan more leverage. If that happens. For now, Id say dont scare the natives.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If the statute is clear it would be the very first and only one in MD. in any case anti-gun judges would let Frosh define it how he likes.

I was never a fan of the "pen and phone" approach of Obama. I dont change my opinion just because the different party sits in the gov seat.

There will be a time to move hard on this, once Kavanaugh is sworn in and we've broken the Dem supermajorities giving Hogan more leverage. If that happens. For now, Id say dont scare the natives.

Have you read it? CRYSTAL clear. Not saying that Frosh wouldn't file suit but I also would not be surprised to see his miniscule pee pee spanked if he did. Ever wonder why there has not been one appeal of the HPRB decisions?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    So essentially there really is no hope. A republican governor can't help us. The legislature will take a century to even be a 50/50 split, if that. And the courts won't take 2A cases until we get one of the remaining liberals out, which is damn near impossible even if Trump gets a 2nd term.

Congress will more than likely shift to Democrats even if you base it solely on historic trends. They'll stifle any of Trump's nominees to 2024 and that's the best case if he wins.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    We have 2 choices, Hogan or Jealous...

The question which one will do MORE HARM to your gun rights...

Think, FOCUS & choose wisely...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Frosh would sue for sure , he was given extra super powers . But good for you OP for asking the question and as Stoveman pointed out it is all political speak and Hogan was not comfortable with such a question . That is why I like the video , also as others have pointed out Hogan is still better then Jell-O

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    On what grounds would Frosh be able to sue? What statute would he have to base the case on? Where is the merit of the case if he brought it against the state?

Please explain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom