• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    OK for the obvious 20 round magazine that is still allowed in these parts. Gun functions fine EXCEPT the round on the left side of the magazine butts up against the receiver. The round stacked on the right functions fine. I do have the original Russian mag.... "somewhere" but parts unknown.

Attachments

• IMG_3895.JPG
      IMG_3895.JPG
      52.4 KB · Views: 395
    • IMG_3891.JPG
      IMG_3891.JPG
      45.8 KB · Views: 386
    • IMG_3896.JPG
      IMG_3896.JPG
      58.3 KB · Views: 406
    • IMG_3897.JPG
      IMG_3897.JPG
      56.9 KB · Views: 394
    • IMG_3900.JPG
      IMG_3900.JPG
      47.3 KB · Views: 411

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I would find the original magazine and try that. I bet your issue goes away.

You're probably right but I liked the idea of the 20 rounder... great for a shtf rifle should the nutters ever want to wander into Snuffy Smith territory. This alongside the duckbill .... well you know what I mean. These things if you can even find them aren't cheap.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Those 20 round aftermarket mags are not known to be trouble free. Some are fine, others not so much. You may be able to tweak the feed lips to improve reliability.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I played around with a detachable 30 round SKS mag for a while. I was never really satisified with it so I put the original back on. Loading with those stripper clips can be pretty quick and efficient

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    Check to make sure the magazine is fully seated in the receiver. If it looks OK then try gently (less is more) bending the feed lips on the left side a little at a time until the bullet's nose clears the feed ramp edge. If you go to far, all of your rounds may fly out of the top. Maybe find the functioning magazine if your are not sure. Install it and watch how the rounds feed in that one to get a clear understanding of how it should work. I am not a gunsmith! If you are unsure or uncomfortable maybe consult with one.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Well, the Russian is worth more with the OEM 10 rounder. The China made magazine might/will work better in a looser Chicom rifle.

Well, that's what I've found. My Para wears one. As for the duckbills. Has anyone gotten one too run 100%? Found a duckbill drum at a flea market but it's pure junk!

Good luck!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Well, the Russian is worth more with the OEM 10 rounder. The China made magazine might/will work better in a looser Chicom rifle.

Well, that's what I've found. My Para wears one. As for the duckbills. Has anyone gotten one too run 100%? Found a duckbill drum at a flea market but it's pure junk!

Good luck!

I don't have any that don't run 100%. Never tried a drum, but I would expect nothing but trouble. So far removed from the original design

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va

Good luck!

My duckbill.......... no problem, works well. After playing with the follower this afternoon it's working "some" of the time. Should I find the original I might swap followers and see what happens. No improvement... back to a 10 rounder.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    It looks like your follower is getting hung up close to the top in one of the photos. So all the left side stacked rounds won't feed?

Q

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    It looks like your follower is getting hung up close to the top in one of the photos. So all the left side stacked rounds won't feed?

Q

Correct on what the outcome is but being hung up.... not sure about that. I'm using CLP maybe I'll try grease tomorrow just for the hell of it.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Bottom of back hook where it locks in to top of feed lips is 2 7/8"

Attachments

• 20200816_191450.jpg
      20200816_191450.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 173
    • 20200816_191517.jpg
      20200816_191517.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 171