• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Here's What Happened When Two Democrat States Banned Bump Stocks
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-24/heres-what-happened-when-two-democrat-states-banned-bump-stocks
    Most people didn't know what a "bump stock" was before the massacre in Las Vegas last year, where a gunman opened fire on a crowd of concertgoers at the Route 91 Harvest music festival.

It was revealed that the shooter had used bump stocks to make his semi-automatic weapons fire at a rate more resembling automatic fire. Automatic weapons have been banned in America since 1934, and many have called for a ban on bump stocks as a result.

There was some discussion of doing so at a federal level, but like every other potential gun control measure, it ended up going nowhere. Instead, a few States have decided to ban them on their own. New Jersey and Massachusetts are among them, banning bump stock purchases, and requiring all outstanding bump stocks to be turned in. The gun accessory isn't all too common, and there are only 8,500 bump stocks in Massachusetts, and 5,600 in New Jersey.

The problem for regulators is that there isn't a record of who owns them, so they've had to rely on citizens voluntarily turning in their bump stocks to comply with the law.

Massachusetts and New Jersey are both heavily liberal States, and yet virtually nobody turned in their bump stocks. Only three people did in Massachusetts, while a total of zero did in New Jersey.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    "The gun accessory isn't all too common, and there are only 8,500 bump stocks in Massachusetts, and 5,600 in New Jersey."

I'm curious as to how they came up with those numbers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Probably the same way they come up with Polls

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I wonder if the firearm and bump stock owners in those states made arguments as to why people should vote for the governor that signed that legislation into law.

If the governors had an R after their name on the ballot, I'd bet they did.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    MA has an R governor. He's the most popular governor in the nation, with a 71% approval rating.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    MA has an R governor. He's the most popular governor in the nation, with a 71% approval rating.

Easily explained - liberals can spot each other easily, regardless of official party status. Conservatives can't see past the R.

Say, what's Hogan's popularity rating in the conservative stronghold that is Maryland? :rofl:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Easily explained - liberals can spot each other easily, regardless of official party status. Conservatives can't see past the R.

Say, what's Hogan's popularity rating in the conservative stronghold that is Maryland? :rofl:

Some people don't or won't distinguish between bad, worse and worst. If they don't like the choices they're restricted to, they just throw in the towel and let "worst" take charge by default.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'll be casting my vote for someone who supports 2A. Will you?

I'll be casting my ballot for: 1) the least harmful candidate who 2) also has a chance of winning, instead of 3) pissing my vote away on someone who doesn't, or 4) allowing the most harmful candidate to win by default.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Which candidate who supports the 2A has a chance of winning?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Which candidate who supports the 2A has a chance of winning?

None

But I would rather vote for a pro 2a pro constitutional politician who doesn’t have a chance of winning than a proven anti 2a anti constitutional grabber

It just strikes me as odd that any gun owners would vote for a proven anti just because they think he will win.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    None

But I would rather vote for a pro 2a pro constitutional politician who doesn’t have a chance of winning than a proven anti 2a anti constitutional grabber

It just strikes me as odd that any gun owners would vote for a proven anti just because they think he will win.

It strikes some of us as odd that any gun owners would deliberately allow the worst of the barrel to win by default, or by simply pissing their vote into the wind.

Someone WILL be the governor.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It strikes some of us as odd that any gun owners would deliberately allow the worst of the barrel to win by default, or by simply pissing their vote into the wind.

Someone WILL be the governor.

So those gun owners will vote for a grabber and next year when he asks to ban 80% and making and possessing them and won’t grandfather them these same gun owners will act surprised.

Once a gun banner and grabber always a gun banner and grabber

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom