Trudeau announces ban on 1500 types of 'assault-style' firearms-effective immediatley

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't see this type action happening here in the USA. I understand there are multiple groups that would love to see this happen here, but it would trigger a civil war of unseen proportions. We too have groups that are strongly against any form of gun control or government confiscation. Once they would try such an effort it would trigger every group to take action. Just my thoughts. Gbwy

Do you think the liberal mind can grasp the idea that people would be willing to die over something as silly as a gun? I bet a lot can’t. My more liberal friends chuckle when I make such comments. I’m sure the libs are watching Canada. If it goes over OK, they will think Americans will behave in a similar manner.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I keep fairly meticulous records of my own personal firearms.... I've debated weather or not I should continue to do this, since I don't want to create a roadmap for confiscation of my own guns in the future (I did a public records audit and the MD government has records on only a small fraction of what I own)... I'm thinking that I'm going to create a set of false books... with a couple of hundred of guns that I don't have with storage locations like, "Water-tight double PVC container located at UTM 18S 370280.26220635 4049629.9428647, by dead locust tree 6 feet in the mud". I wonder if I could actually get investigators to go digging in the Great Dismal Swamp?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I keep fairly meticulous records of my own personal firearms.... I've debated weather or not I should continue to do this, since I don't want to create a roadmap for confiscation of my own guns in the future (I did a public records audit and the MD government has records on only a small fraction of what I own)... I'm thinking that I'm going to create a set of false books... with a couple of hundred of guns that I don't have with storage locations like, "Water-tight double PVC container located at UTM 18S 370280.26220635 4049629.9428647, by dead locust tree 6 feet in the mud". I wonder if I could actually get investigators to go digging in the Great Dismal Swamp?

Yes, please do.

I would love to see the liberal news article describing what they found after you die.

Edit, no, I don't want you to die. It's just a hilarious idea.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    What a great idea. Anyone got the GPS coordinates for Frosh's back yard?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

When they can’t find them, they will charge you with failure to report a stolen firearm or something.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Awesome

Honeypot books.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

A couple hundred you don't have? You been slack'n my friend. :)

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    When they can’t find them, they will charge you with failure to report a stolen firearm or something.
    That's when you infer that the location numbers are offset for OPSEC, and that they must add the number of words in the Declaration of Independence to the longitudinal coordinates and subtract the number of sentences in the Constitution of the United States from the latitude. Just to make them read'um.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's when you infer that the location numbers are offset for OPSEC, and that they must add the number of words in the Declaration of Independence to the longitudinal coordinates and subtract the number of sentences in the Constitution of the United States from the latitude. Just to make them read'um.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Canada might be another Australia.. Thank God for the 2A.

At least the current massacre doesn't seem to be a put-up job like Australia's Port Arthur hot mess. That one reeked to high heaven.

Then there's New Zealand, where the murderer posted that his intention was to deal a death blow to firearms rights. The NZ PM played right into his hands.

Things are not going well for our British cousins and their client states, in terms of retention of personal freedoms.

Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    This type of dramatic overreach in place of leadership is something we should all fear greatly here in years to come

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Good luck to our northern cousins. The gent in the video seems really stoked, but is keeping it buttoned down in true stiff upper fashion. This might be a Really Big Thing for the poor Canucks.

I just subscribed to the CCFR emails, and sent them a donation. $25 Canadian is less than 19 bucks US! Such a bargain!

https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Can't take create for the original idea:

Attachments

• RunGuns_Canadians.jpg
      RunGuns_Canadians.jpg
      39.8 KB · Views: 490

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

No. Because you have 48 or 72 (or whatever) hours to report it from the time that you are aware. As soon as they can't find them, you are aware.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Can't take create for the original idea:

attachment.php

One of my relatives way back when was a pretty successful pre-FFL "Gun and alcohol dealer" to the native population in New York and possibly Canada. His run came to an end when he and his partner were arrested. Apparently the governor didn't like them cutting into his business.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    THE CCFR HAS COMMENCED LEGAL ACTION OPPOSING THE LIBERAL GOVERNMENT'S FIREARMS BAN

May 26, 2020, Calgary, AB

Today the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights filed an Application in Federal Court in opposition to the recent firearm ban announced by the minority Liberal government on May 1. This ban was brought into effect by an Order in Council made by the Governor in Council amending the regulation that classifies firearms in Canada. The CCFR’s Application asks the Federal Court to strike down the amended regulation on the grounds that:

1. The regulation is invalid, unlawful, and outside of the scope of powers the Criminal Code could have delegated to the Governor in Council;
    2. The regulation and the means by which is was created and amended is unconstitutional;
    3. The regulation and its effect breaches each of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Bill of Rights, and section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982;
    4. The exercise of the regulation-making power by the Governor in Council was and is irrational, and contrary to clear fact and all available evidence; and
    5. Specifically, the firearms purported to be banned by this Order in Council are obviously suitable for hunting and sporting purposes in Canada, because that is exactly what we have been doing with them for decades.

Following the Order in Council, the RCMP began making amendments to the Firearms Reference Table (“FRT”), changing the classification of hundreds of firearms to “prohibited”, thereby unilaterally writing law and creating criminals out of law-abiding Canadians. Accordingly, the CCFR is asking the Court to declare that these purported “bans by FRT” are of no force or effect, both for similar reasons as applied to the regulation above, as well as the fact that the RCMP simply have no legal power to unilaterally make laws reclassifying firearms in Canada and creating criminals out of Canadians. This is especially troubling given that the RCMP aren’t even notifying the affected Canadians about these unilateral reclassifications.

Because the firearms affected by the regulation and the “bans by FRT” are in fact reasonable for use in Canada for hunting and sporting purposes, the CCFR is asking the Court for a declaration of that, and also for a consequential declaration that all of these firearms are to be deemed to be classified as non-restricted for all purposes, and therefore may be enjoyed by Canadians for both hunting and sporting purposes.

In order to protect the interests of Canadians from irreparable harm in the interim, the CCFR is also asking the Court to grant an injunction staying the effect of both the regulation and the “ban by FRT”, until these matters can be properly adjudicated.

This court action is the first in a series of actions planned by the CCFR to defend the rights, freedoms and liberty of law-abiding Canadians.

A copy of the Notice of Application can be found here.
    https://firearmrights.ca/wp-content/uploads/Notice-of-Application-Filing-Copy.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom