• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Have a new Glock 30. Running into some issues as explained by the vid... Any help is greatly appreciated.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Yoshi. I cant tell from the video but its possible that the front slide rails just above the slide release have been very slightly bent from the forced misaligned assembly. If they are they may be introducing slightly more friction along the rail. The recoil spring may not have quite enough force to overcome the difference under lower inertia action like moving the slide by hand. Is possible the reason it moves forward when you move the trigger is that the catch on the back part of the trigger bar engages the latch of the firing pin just about where the slide is stopping from moving forward in your video. So I suspect the small amount of force from the firing pin spring is just enough to cause it to stop moving forward.

If Im right I don't think its much of a big deal. Try lubricating the recoil spring and rails slightly and see if the problem is reduced or goes away. If so take a close look at the slide rails and look for some wear on the rear outermost top edges. If they are slightly bent thats where they would be rubbing.

Good luck

Oh by the way IMNAG (Thats my new acronym I just made up which stands for I Am Not A Gunsmith).

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Looks dry as a bone from this angle.

Did you lube it up good and try the cycle?

I also agree the rail might have been bent ever so slightly, but still it looks awfully dry.

Glocks love being wet.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Have you tried firing it ? Or pulling the slide back and releasing it instead of holding onto it ? so the slide has a chance to work properly instead of being slowed down

I'm far from an expert but it appears that it's just barely getting hung up and would likely smooth itself out with use.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have a different opinion on Glocks and lube. Glocks don't like being wet at all.. one very small drop on the 5 lube points is all that's needed.

i own several

perhaps the trigger bar got bent a little?

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The fact that the slide goes into battery when you release the trigger indicates a trigger bar or connector tab issue IMO.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Sling shot that slide really hard like other commenters have said. Does it still get caught up? Does it fire normally without malfunction? If so, I think the gun is fine. Ive seen people make that mistake before while reassembling and the gun still worked without issue.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think I have always felt some sort of "resistance" somewhere with the operation of a Glock slide. If it still goes into battery, what's the big deal?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It didn't do that prior to the slide incident.

Are you sure you didn't get scared and throw it at the black snack and damage it on the porch? :D

I dunno bro. There are a crap ton of finicky people here who try to diagnose everything to the Nth degree until it keeps them awake for weeks. I'm not that guy. I say if a little bit of drag (for whatever reason) doesn't interfere with the operation of it, just shoot it. It's not like it would be a catastrophic malfunction.

I have never found a Glock slide to slide "smoothly" anyway. Have you put the slide on without using the spring and feel how it slides?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I think I have always felt some sort of "resistance" somewhere with the operation of a Glock slide. If it still goes into battery, what's the big deal?

Reminds me of people changing their recoil springs to get into battery quicker as they have to wait until it goes into battery to fire the next shot, personally my brain to finger response does not work that quickly, hard to even imagine.

I lube my Glocks every 1k rnds or so ... if I think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom