• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've thrown myself out here before and have had several members reach out to me but no solid hits thus far. So I'll toss myself out there again to see if anyone is looking.

Mechanical Engineer, graduated in 2013. Done a bit of everything including mechanical assembly, design, sales, estimating, project management. You name it I feel like I've done it at least once. Casually searching for something closer to home (right now Darlington, White Marsh in the future) as I'm growing tired of driving to Baltimore.

Giving myself another bump here

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm kind of looking for something new, so... Project manager (PMP-certified, with an MBA and BS in CS/economics). Seven years as a Java/C++ dev, six as a PM on similar projects (plus a couple web-oriented ones). Most of the PM experience is on govt projects, but some commercial. Did a lot of CMMI implementation stuff at a previous job, so I am quite familiar with it up to ML3. Also pretty awesome with Agile/Scrum.

Looking for something project manager-y in the DC area, preferably on a software project.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I'm kind of looking for something new, so... Project manager (PMP-certified, with an MBA and BS in CS/economics). Seven years as a Java/C++ dev, six as a PM on similar projects (plus a couple web-oriented ones). Most of the PM experience is on govt projects, but some commercial. Did a lot of CMMI implementation stuff at a previous job, so I am quite familiar with it up to ML3. Also pretty awesome with Agile/Scrum.

Looking for something project manager-y in the DC area, preferably on a software project.

Not really project manager position, but GEICO/fannie Mae/ IBM is hiring senior level java/C++ developers. I think they pay pretty well. With seven years of exp. you should fit right in.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    .NET developer here, found out my contract is ending soon. VB.NET, some C# experience, plenty of MS SQL Server, a little Oracle, good with MS Office products, some JIRA experience, Agile environment. 19+ years of experience in the field. Cleared. Located in MoCo. Willing to do non-IT stuff if the pay is good enough, wouldn't mind doing IT Hardware.

PM me for my resume.

Thanks!

-John

Either of you want to move to Denver?

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I wouldn't mind a change of scenery, but the wife's a govvie, so if I can't find her a job out there, we won't be going.

BTW, are you offering relocation pay? :D

-John

You might be able to get a relocation package. I got one when I moved here from Baltimore. They had movers pack and ship everything, gave me 30 days in a hotel here, food and incidental per diem for 30 days, paid to fly my wife and I for a house hunting trip before the move, all kinds of perks. Depending on what the wife does, there are a LOT of government agencies and sites here in Denver.

I'm working for a defense contractor and we have a lot of reqs open for developers with agile experience. Think it over and if you are interested I'll PM you some links to openings. I can submit your resume through back doors so it goes directly to the hiring manager instead of getting lost in teh corporate web site. (I used to get a $1500 bonus for recommending someone who got hired, now we only get a $10 iTunes gift card :( )

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    You might be able to get a relocation package. I got one when I moved here from Baltimore. They had movers pack and ship everything, gave me 30 days in a hotel here, food and incidental per diem for 30 days, paid to fly my wife and I for a house hunting trip before the move, all kinds of perks. Depending on what the wife does, there are a LOT of government agencies and sites here in Denver.

I'm working for a defense contractor and we have a lot of reqs open for developers with agile experience. Think it over and if you are interested I'll PM you some links to openings. I can submit your resume through back doors so it goes directly to the hiring manager instead of getting lost in teh corporate web site. (I used to get a $1500 bonus for recommending someone who got hired, now we only get a $10 iTunes gift card :( )

Let me talk that over with Mrs. Drakhen and I'll PM you.

-John

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I should get into development, there always seems to be a market for developers. Analysts...we're dime a dozen.

I'm a system administrator/network administrator/hardware tech. I have spent 20 years managing the software development and test labs for whichever projects I work on. Normally there are 2 or 3 guys like me administering a few hundred servers, and 50-100 developers who use them to develop software for the customer.

Florida_11B

Jun 10, 2016
    I heard the other day, the Aberdeen Proving Ground DES is looking to hire more police officers if anyone is interested. most likely posted to USA Jobs

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Sittin' on the bench right now while the government finds more funding... kinda sucks. So, I'm looking for something outstandingly interesting...

Software developer / architect / jack-of-all-trades when it comes to IT (end-customer support, deployment, O/S installation & management, firewall & routing rules, DevOps, some AWS / Azure, etc. etc. etc.)

Pick up new domain knowledge quickly - I've worked on procurement web applications, DICOM web sites & appliances, closed-captioning & low latency broadcast video

Lots of different languages (C, C++, C#, some Java 2 even, FORTRAN if I think I can), systems (embedded Raspberry Pi GPIO, Linux, Windows, OpenVMS), web stuff (ASP.Net MVC, JQuery, bits of Perl / Python, etc. etc.), frameworks / tools / protocols (ffmpeg, .Net, OpenVPN, TCP/IP, SCSI, NFS & et al, UDF, ISO-9660, HD-SDI, etc. etc.), mutl-threaded / concurrency control, etc. etc.

You name it IT-wise, I can probably tell you something about it (and probably have worked on it) - except IBM stuff, that's just weird...

Open to Maryland (Frederick, Baltimore, Lanham, Rockville rectangle), NoVa as far as Herndon (maybe Chantilly), but no way Arlington or Alexandria [I like to get home before 9pm], DC might be okay depending on the "interesting" part. Telework okay. Part-time okay - but I won't quit my day job for it.

Scorpion777

Marine Veteran
    Dec 1, 2017
    Talented marketer experienced in F2F, B2B and B2C marketing strategies focused on driving engagement and brand awareness through innovative and research based initiatives.

Just graduated VCU with my degree in Marketing concentration in brand management. Studying google analytics and photo-shop to remain competitive for the workforce. Former Marine with a clearance,

I catch on pretty quick would be interested in continuing the analytic side of things.

Moving up to Silver Spring so looking to work in the area.

Thanks

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Sittin' on the bench right now while the government finds more funding... kinda sucks. So, I'm looking for something outstandingly interesting...

Software developer / architect / jack-of-all-trades when it comes to IT (end-customer support, deployment, O/S installation & management, firewall & routing rules, DevOps, some AWS / Azure, etc. etc. etc.)

Pick up new domain knowledge quickly - I've worked on procurement web applications, DICOM web sites & appliances, closed-captioning & low latency broadcast video

Lots of different languages (C, C++, C#, some Java 2 even, FORTRAN if I think I can), systems (embedded Raspberry Pi GPIO, Linux, Windows, OpenVMS), web stuff (ASP.Net MVC, JQuery, bits of Perl / Python, etc. etc.), frameworks / tools / protocols (ffmpeg, .Net, OpenVPN, TCP/IP, SCSI, NFS & et al, UDF, ISO-9660, HD-SDI, etc. etc.), mutl-threaded / concurrency control, etc. etc.

You name it IT-wise, I can probably tell you something about it (and probably have worked on it) - except IBM stuff, that's just weird...

Open to Maryland (Frederick, Baltimore, Lanham, Rockville rectangle), NoVa as far as Herndon (maybe Chantilly), but no way Arlington or Alexandria [I like to get home before 9pm], DC might be okay depending on the "interesting" part. Telework okay. Part-time okay - but I won't quit my day job for it.

I know that GDIT is always looking for people. And I know for sure that KForce is looking for people of your skill. The guys at KForce are very helpful, and probably have no problems finding you a job. Also with GDIT, there are tons of listing for people of your skill. Got to work as a contractor though.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Experienced welder in most welding processes including MIG Stick TIG Flux. Has been or is currently certified in welding aluminum, stainless,carbon steel, chrome. Last 6 years spent in a machine shop environment. Before that almost 5 years pipe welding. Well versed in the use of hand tools. Also have basic CNC programming skills along with manual mill and lathe experience. Extremely motivated and enjoy learning and improving. Have clearance. Located in St Mary’s county. Please PM with any info on potential jobs. Available ASAP.

Side Note. I’m not opposed to getting into another field. I think something like SMECO would be great.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It's me again ...

30+ years in the IT industry as a sales support engineer.

Prior careers with Microsoft, VMware, and HP with extensive and successful Federal experience. Numerous Microsoft certifications, CompTIA Network+, UMUC Leadership certification.

Send PM for a full resume, LinkedIn profile, work history, and references.

I was just notified that I'm being laid off from my technical IT sales support job at Ricoh, so rather than seek new full time employment at my age, I'm retiring. But, I'll need something to fill in the gaps that retirement income doesn't cover.

Given my 30+ year computer industry career and demonstrated multimedia talents, would anyone in be in need of a freelance video editor/multimedia content creator to help out in a pinch? I have my own computer equipment, software, high speed connection and plenty of storage, both online and in the cloud.

Let me know via PM, and if you don't mind, please ask around.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've thrown myself out here before and have had several members reach out to me but no solid hits thus far. So I'll toss myself out there again to see if anyone is looking.

Mechanical Engineer, graduated in 2013. Done a bit of everything including mechanical assembly, design, sales, estimating, project management. You name it I feel like I've done it at least once. Casually searching for something closer to home (right now Darlington, White Marsh in the future) as I'm growing tired of driving to Baltimore.

I seem to do this often but I'm going to bump myself just in case someone happens to wander by :lol2:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I had a scheduled phone interview for a position and they never called me.

I am responsible for interviews and making suggestions to sr. management on technical new hire positions in my organization. If someone is less than 15 minutes early to an interview I do not recommend them unless they have a fantastic excuse.

So far I haven't gotten a reply from my headhunter or the person I was supposed to talk to. It's very sad considering the prominence the organization this was with in our area.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Looking for a new job. Worked in Finance for last 12 years, currently as a Sr Manager of financial planning and analysis. Open to anything close to Frederick, any suggestions Im all ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom