• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Is there ANY chance of getting this thread back on topic?

If you want to follow a thread that is still on track and still on point, you should probably follow this thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=233568

Hoping Delegate Grammer or Mike can get us a copy of the bill, with amendments, that made it through the Judiciary Committee.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If you want to follow a thread that is still on track and still on point, you should probably follow this thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=233568

This is an excellent recommendation.

Folks will find that the person who has put up 27 fabulist posts in this thread just since 11am today (heavy on thread derails) is only in the recommended thread ONCE.

(Sound of stampede to other thread)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

Folks will find that the person who has put up 27 fabulist posts in this thread just since 11am today (heavy on thread derails) is only in the recommended thread ONCE.

Sorry, my daughter needed me. Meant to ask if you had anything actually relevant to add from your inside source, like the amendments to the bill that is coming out of committee.

Have I made it to 33 yet? You happen to be an accountant, because you sure are good at counting?

Also, take note that in that thread I linked where Delegate Grammer is the OP, there are ZERO posts from you or Stove and that thread is clean and on point. Please keep it that way if you are going to stampede over to it.

Don't need rackommendations in that one too.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I pulled a post from another thread that I think fits here:

Otherwise good and law abiding men continue to abide by gun control laws because they estimate that such a situation is more tolerable than the alternative. Once the opposite is true, I expect the situation will change, violently.

AMEN brother!

Playing games all day? Sorry, I was chatting with Lt. Gov. Boyd Rutherford while you were at play. (Check the time stamp)

Now, what was it you wanted?
    :thumbsup:

Free at last, free at last!:D

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    So weve moved hb740 and 786, and no clue what the amendments are.

Not good news.

The longer we go without seeing the amendments the more I think that they are not good, for someone anyway.

You are assuming that there are amendments. Maybe the delegates just want to get to the weekend before letting the cat out of the bag. Maybe late Friday afternoon just in time for those affected to drown their sorrows at sad hour.

I am guessing there are amendments. Just chomping at the bit to see what they are.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You are assuming that there are amendments. Maybe the delegates just want to get to the weekend before letting the cat out of the bag. Maybe late Friday afternoon just in time for those affected to drown their sorrows at sad hour.

I am guessing there are amendments. Just chomping at the bit to see what they are.

There probably are not amendments on HB740. There probably are on HB786. Just a guess.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    There probably are not amendments on HB740. There probably are on HB786. Just a guess.

It's bad that these things are getting out into the wild, but it also means we have that much more work to do. But, we already knew that. The fun doesn't end until Sine Die, April 8.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I figured Dumais would make sure her signature bill would make it through committee unchanged. But will still needs to be reconciled with what the SJPC puts out if the Senate committee made any amendments, which I'm hoping they have.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

One can hope that there is an amendment to HB0740 to allow for grandfathering, like serialization by MSP or something prior to October 1, 2019. No idea what good a ghost gun would do me if it is serialized, but at least it would give those with a ghost gun the ability to keep them and/or sell them. I mean, they could even allow for the serialization of them and then the outright ban in 2 years, thereby giving people the ability to sell their ghost guns and recoup some, if not all, of their investment. Trying to be optimistic here.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    One can hope that there is an amendment to HB0740 to allow for grandfathering, like serialization by MSP or something prior to October 1, 2019. No idea what good a ghost gun would do me if it is serialized, but at least it would give those with a ghost gun the ability to keep them and/or sell them. I mean, they could even allow for the serialization of them and then the outright ban in 2 years, thereby giving people the ability to sell their ghost guns and recoup some, if not all, of their investment. Trying to be optimistic here.

One can also hope to win the lottery. Hope is not a plan.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

What's the issue of serialization unless you're forced to register the serial #? If you put a # on it, and you're the only person who has any record of that number, it has no meaning to anyone else. If registration is required, that's a different issue entirely.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    What's the issue of serialization unless you're forced to register the serial #? If you put a # on it, and you're the only person who has any record of that number, it has no meaning to anyone else. If registration is required, that's a different issue entirely.

I doubt the serial number would be for fun.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    One can also hope to win the lottery. Hope is not a plan.

Hope in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills up first.

The plan is to fight until Sine Die, and then shop accordingly.

While I have always wanted to build up some 80's, I have yet to, so there is no issue there for me. I will have to look up constructive intent before I buy some 80's and the related tools just in case there is a SHTF scenario. I will also have to debate the logic of doing that with what I already own. The 80's can be purchased at a later date if other things take precedence (e.g., Ruger in .25-06, Blaser R8, HBAR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom