• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Wxactly my point

So that could potentially include taking some defensive training, too. Amazing BS law. I'm kidding (kind of) but it seems my highly trained fingers are now officially rapid fire accessories. I still can't hit shit, but I can do it real fast. :lol2:

Fvcking politicians. I hope they choke on a bag of dicks. :mad54:

I can train to shoot faster and then make myself or my finger illegal.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    So that could potentially include taking some defensive training, too. Amazing BS law. I'm kidding (kind of) but it seems my highly trained fingers are now officially rapid fire accessories. I still can't hit shit, but I can do it real fast. :lol2:

No, because the law specifies a "device that, when installed in or attached to a firearm..."

Neither your training nor your fingers are installed in or attached to a firearm.

It's still an idiotic and unconstitutionally vague law that we need to fight, but it doesn't ban training or fingers.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Hmmm... My certified mail has been "in transit" from Baltimore to DC for the last 3 days. :mad54:

September 18, 2018
    In Transit to Next Facility
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

September 15, 2018, 7:24 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    As long as i get a reply in they mail from the ATF similar to. Dear Mr. X We are returning your paper work to own XYZ as we don't know WTF you or you state is talking about. As long as i get something like that i'll be satisfied for now. I would think even if they just return your letter and you don't reopen it that at least will prove you sent it before 10/1/18 .

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Sent mine certified and return receipt yesterday. No issues with the 20226 zip at the post office either.

FWIW, I sent mine priority mail to the 20226 zip code and the USPS accepted it. But now the delivery status says:

"ALERT...Your item was forwarded to a different address at <date/time redacted> This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect."

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    So by the time the hearing comes around will all the people in the courtroom be in violation of the law because of their belt loops except those that have sent in letters?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    FWIW, I sent mine priority mail to the 20226 zip code and the USPS accepted it. But now the delivery status says:

"ALERT...Your item was forwarded to a different address at <date/time redacted> This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect."

So they re-corrected the correct address. Too bad they cannot make the website correct with 20226.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I forget who the guy was that wanted rapid fire back in the day but the invention of the cased round is the mother of rapid fire. Bullets might be next.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I sent in the form.

Also since there is no age limit on these devices, I had my 8 and 6 year olds sign the forms too! I really liked that the 6 year old, being a bit rusty from summer break spelled his name Jacod.... a backwards "b" on the signature I think really helps bring home the point of this level of stupidity.

That said, I don't see why everyone always gets all twisted up on proving that someone received something. The laws says you must "apply". Applying has nothing to do with them receiving anything! If the USPS loses it, you still applied! We still live if a country where you are mostly innocent to proven guilty, the State of Maryland will have to PROVE that you did not apply! Its near impossible for them to do this unless you tell them you did not apply. There is no requirement in the law for the application to be sent in an certain manner. So a copy in the mail, an email, a phone call... you just must apply as the judge said. Who gives a crap if the ATF gets it!

That said, I did send it certified as $6 more at least shows that I attempted to show that I had some kind of proof even if the letter could hold no more than a fart. About the only proof we could get is a rejection letter back from the ATF saying they don't register these devices. Thats about the only proof one could get to show they actually applied.

So welcome to the world of MSP! Us MG guys sent a $10 check to MSP ever year wondering if our registration actually gets counted... and for the most part... they don't!

Stop worrying, if they want you, they will find something anyway. If not, then you are fine either way. Mail it and stop thinking about it. ;)

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    I sent mine with a return label. I had heard they were ignoring everything from MD so I put my DE address for the return. We will see. I also donated again and will continue to do so

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Mailed mine today, one registered with return label to BATF&EIEIO and a copy to myself. Have receipt for the one to BATF. The copy to myself will remain sealed until my trial. ;)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Mailed mine today, one registered with return label to BATF&EIEIO and a copy to myself. Have receipt for the one to BATF. The copy to myself will remain sealed until my trial. ;)

What will the one you mailed to yourself do for you in court?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What will the one you mailed to yourself do for you in court?

It might be weighed by a reasonable person (judge or juror) as an indication of a honest attempt to follow the letter of an absurd law that has the potential to wreck a defendant's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom