• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    A solution looking for a problem :sad20:

Can the statisticians provide a number for how many MD W&C holders have ever 'gone rogue' ? say within the last 10 years ?

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    From a legal point of view, what is the difference between a policy, and a law? How does one enforce this policy? Have the police trespass the policy violator from the premises? Doesn’t that then lead to using the police to enforce a civil matter?

Just curious. But the whole thing stinks.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    There is a lot of heat being applied to the Commissioners over this matter. One aspect the news story left out was there is an exemption for, you guessed it, members of the County Commission...also as written, it would exclude any off duty LEO, as it is written to only allow carry "in the performance of their duties"...

Bad policy all around. I encourage any Calvert County citizen to contact the County Commissioners and express their objection to any infringement.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    As County property ispublic property paid for by the public, the should not be able to ban firearms as firearms are allowed in public. IMHO also don't we have preemption?

Nobody

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    I watched the video of the vote. Hutchins was the only one not in favor of abandoning the policy. He wanted to continue to amend it. Just curious if anyone knows, was he the one that also voted against sanctuary status? I seem to remember that being a 4-1 vote as well. If so, time for us to help him find a new job.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    I watched the video of the vote. Hutchins was the only one not in favor of abandoning the policy. He wanted to continue to amend it. Just curious if anyone knows, was he the one that also voted against sanctuary status? I seem to remember that being a 4-1 vote as well. If so, time for us to help him find a new job.

I believe it was Hutchins who was the one vote against the sanctuary measure.

Being a former "Higher Up" in MSP really makes him appear to be rather biased against 2A. He probably has no issues with HIM carrying under LEOSA, though.

We need to make sure this is his last time on the County Commission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom