Gun stores in the Dalhgren/King George area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Hey guys, are there any gun stores in the Dahlgren/KG area? Google wasnt very helpful. Preferably as close to the Henry Nice bridge as possible. I need some 30rd AK74 mags but don't feel like waiting until the next gunshow in Fredericksburg etc. Thanks! :party29:

30ought6

#PING!
    Sep 10, 2010
    VA
    It is, but there are decent stores within an hour drive.

The other options include the SGK Gun Show at the Fredericksburg Expo Center that runs about four times per year. You also have Nation's (Dulles Expo center), C&E Gun Show (Richmond Showplace), and Showmasters (Richmond International Raceway).

VaGunFo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2010
    Virginia
    If I had to guess, I'd say SSG Tactical is your best bet for AK74 magazines.

http://www.ssgtactical.com
    leftcolumn_contactinfo.gif

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    I know this is an older thread, but SSG tactical is the way to go. Friendly staff, great selection. One of the better gun stores i've been in. I stop in there while visiting family and pick up 30 rounders. Hopefully one day it will be my "home town" gun store.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Chris - I'm new to this discussion board, but live in the Dahlgren area. There are a couple of FFL 01s in the area, and I'm pretty sure that they carry some firearms. There's also a shooting club with a range (I don't belong - I have a big backyard). We now have a Wally World that carries the usual ammo, etc., and as others have said, Fredburg isn't that far away. There are a couple of good stores there, a couple of interesting pawn shops, and they have gun shows periodically. It's not like living out in the desert.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    SSG and Gander Mountain

Nope. Closest is SSG Tactical or Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg

I've started in to SSG a few times in the past, but either was in that area before they were opened, or after they closed. Thanks to these posts, I made a point to go by there today when I had to be in Freddyburg.

The place is outstanding! I wish they had some C&R stuff there (not much at all today), but other than that, and not having reloading supplies, the store was very well stocked. The average person looking for a new, or slightly used new-style firearm would do very well to visit SSG. Their staff were all friendly, very helpful, and knowledgeable. I'll have to go back again soon and look around a bit more.

As for reloading supplies, see my posting about what Gander Mountain told me about the store phasing them out. Not the smartest move, I'd think, since they are about the only place that I know of in town still carrying powder and primers.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    New Gun Store south of Dahlgren in King George

There is a new gun store in King George, about 9 miles from the Nice Bridge. Big Dog Outfitters / Guns and Ammo is the store. There is a True Value store next door to it; both are on the right side of the south bound lane of RT. 301.

I stopped by yesterday (they are open 10-6 during the week) and took a look around the store.

From their business card:

11465 Ridge Road
    King George VA 22485
    540-775-2605
    Owner: Charles Albert

www.bigdog-outfitters.com is their website however, it is not up and running yet.

I saw a resonable collection of pistols from the popular manufactors, a range of Mossberg shotguns (hunting to tactical), a few Mosin's for the C+R crowd, and ammo for all the weapons they sell. If you are looking for bulk ammo they had some cans of 7.62x39 and .223/5.56 for decent prices.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I stopped by Big Dog Outfitters yesterday and picked up a Korean 75rd drum and a 30rd Bulgarian mag to try in my AK. They just opened and are still putting merchandise out on the shelves. It is nice to finally have a shop in Virginia within reasonable driving distance of Southern Maryland.

Attachments

• Mags.jpg
      Mags.jpg
      66.2 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads