• willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    2SAM22,

Did you receive this knife? My wife is bugging me for a Christmas list. I am interested in this knife.

How's it feel in the hand?

I did. Feels great, very smooth action. I'm surprised they aren't sold out.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Thanks! Just sent a wish list out to Santa... knife requested :)

Got to try out a friend's ZT 0562 a few weeks ago and liked it enough to want a ZT flipper of my own. The problem is, ZT makes so many different ones that it'll take six months to figure-out which one I like best. The 0920 looks like a solid choice.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I got a benchmade hidden canyon for gutting deer this year. It's nearly perfect. Used it five times so far this season and still going strong. The steep country is pretty good too but almost too light. I guess I prefer a shorter blade. I tried a few Muella knives and they are pretty good for one or two deer before they need to be sharpened. What is everyone favorite knife for field dressing deer?

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Got to try out a friend's ZT 0562 a few weeks ago and liked it enough to want a ZT flipper of my own. The problem is, ZT makes so many different ones that it'll take six months to figure-out which one I like best. The 0920 looks like a solid choice.

Check out the ZT 0350. If I could only have one folder that I actually use, it would be that knife. Not crazy expensive, a little beefy, durable as hell and a smooth operator after years of use.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=Zero+Tolerance+0350&rh=n%3A3375251%2Ck%3AZero+Tolerance+0350

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Handling them helps, although not many places carry them, have found some that I thought I would like, and didn't, and some that I ended up buying after handling them, where I wouldn't have otherwise. I GREATLY prefer the KVT knives over the speed safe, they tend to be lighter, slimmer, close easier, and flip better. The Sinkevich models are probably the best out now IMO(450,452,460,462,456), have a 0452 that was on my radar, but after handling it, I bought it right away, fits the hand perfectly while being really slim, light and discrete in the pocket, amazing considering it's a 4" blade. The Hinderer models are always a solid choice, even if they are a little fat, and have thick blades. Every now and then discontinued models show up on clearance, got my 804CF for $130 that way, great large folder that sold for over $200 before the clearance, and again after they dried up.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Check out the ZT 0350. If I could only have one folder that I actually use, it would be that knife. Not crazy expensive, a little beefy, durable as hell and a smooth operator after years of use.

I agree. I think that's one worth seriously considering because it would be a great all-around utility EDC and it's very reasonably priced. I like the chunky-look.

Handling them helps, although not many places carry them, have found some that I thought I would like, and didn't, and some that I ended up buying after handling them, where I wouldn't have otherwise. I GREATLY prefer the KVT knives over the speed safe, they tend to be lighter, slimmer, close easier, and flip better. The Sinkevich models are probably the best out now IMO(450,452,460,462,456), have a 0452 that was on my radar, but after handling it, I bought it right away, fits the hand perfectly while being really slim, light and discrete in the pocket, amazing considering it's a 4" blade. The Hinderer models are always a solid choice, even if they are a little fat, and have thick blades. Every now and then discontinued models show up on clearance, got my 804CF for $130 that way, great large folder that sold for over $200 before the clearance, and again after they dried up.

I've visited Sean at Edgeworks in Frederick a few times recently and he's been happy to let me handle the 0393, 0801, 0850, 0920 and 0450. Of those, I like the 0450 and 0393 the most but, I know that's just scratching the surface with Zero Tolerance. I won't even try to guess how many other flipper models they build and it'll take me a little while to absorb ZT's full catalog. I like the 0562 so much, though, that I'm itching to try-out its smaller brother, the 0566. I'm also trying to find a place locally that has an 0470 in-stock.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Here, you need the revolver to go with it...

i5xhu1L.jpg

I need that :lol2:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    It's sold under the Bastinelli name but, it's pretty much a Lion Steel.[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'll check it out

I guess because it was manufactured under the Bastinelli name, it kinda flew under a lot of Lion Steel fan's radar because it has been around since late 2015. It's nice! It's just slightly larger (not much) than the Guardian Tactical Helix Nano and deploys as smooth as my Microtech Socom Elite. What sold me was the pocket clip and the handle shape, though. Damn if it isn't comfortable. Zero hotspots. It just melts into my hand. The deep pocket carry clip was a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom