• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Finally built my SBR.
    Engage forged upper and lower, Daniel Defense 10.5" .223 barrel, Nordic rail, Geissele G2S trigger and a Vortex Sparc red dot.
    Wearing my Omega suppressor (for the moment)
    0496ee8d450d3c29b8642fbd19ec3c03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice rig. How does that can shoot? Quiet?

Dave

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Nice rig. How does that can shoot? Quiet?

Dave

Haven't shot it on this rifle, but I've used it on several others including my precision AR and a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308. Definitely takes the edge off. I like the versatility, both direct thread and quick mount options.
    Not sure how quiet compared to other .30 cal cans, but I still use hearing protection.
    (Wouldn't need to for .300 blackout subs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major03

Ultimate Member
    You'd want to wear hearing protection with any suppressor if you're firing super sonic ammo. The suppressor can do nothing about the sonic crack, which will hurt your hearing over time. That sonic crack does dissipate pretty quickly however, so if you're standing away from the shooter or at a bench a couple of lanes down from the shooter it's not too bad.

And yes, with 300 BLK subs it is quiet enough to not wear hearing protection and be comfortable. You should probably wear some anyway though...hearing loss is cumulative and permanent. You only have one set of ears issued to you in your life.

I have an Omega as well, and it's a great can. Lightweight, short, versatile and a hell of a lot of fun.

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    Went a slightly different route on my M92. Milled down the FSB and threaded the barrel for a clean front end (that's an Echo93 AKML-C flash hider) and got some Ironwood Designs furniture (Tung Oil rubbed afromosia). IWD did the stock up right for this frankengun as it's their NPAP "improved" shape but extended to about 10.6" (for OAL > 29") and mounting to a standard Yugo trunnion. Tapco G2 trigger and mags for 922 compliance, with a Stormwerkz rail and TRS-25 red dot up top.

Over 2 years in the making and this is my first AK variant, what a blast!

M92_build.jpg

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Had 2 stamps approved a couple of weeks ago. Both were for integrally suppressed 10/22 Barrels. The one mounted on the rifle is a custom set up by John Norrell. The rifle has a Norrell full auto trigger pack. I spoke with John Norrell to get his recommendation and this is the suppressor set up that he found worked the best with his full auto trigger pack. Its about 19" long and has brass eyelets inside as a "cooling medium". Old school, but it works incredibly well. He routed out the stock to accept the over sized barrel. And also sent a test target with a 3/8" 3 shot group at 25 yards to show that it is also fairly accurate.

The other integral barrel is a Gemtech Mist. Haven't test fired that one yet. It will go on one of my other 10/22's.

Attachments

• Norrell & Mist Integral 1022 Barrels.JPG
      Norrell & Mist Integral 1022 Barrels.JPG
      40.3 KB · Views: 503

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Had 2 stamps approved a couple of weeks ago. Both were for integrally suppressed 10/22 Barrels. The one mounted on the rifle is a custom set up by John Norrell. The rifle has a Norrell full auto trigger pack. I spoke with John Norrell to get his recommendation and this is the suppressor set up that he found worked the best with his full auto trigger pack. Its about 19" long and has brass eyelets inside as a "cooling medium". Old school, but it works incredibly well. He routed out the stock to accept the over sized barrel. And also sent a test target with a 3/8" 3 shot group at 25 yards to show that it is also fairly accurate.

The other integral barrel is a Gemtech Mist. Haven't test fired that one yet. It will go on one of my other 10/22's.

Me like!!!

:party29::party29::party29:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I know NOTHING about NFA stuff bit after reading your post I googled Norrell, pretty freaking cool!

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009

Ugh, Norrell pack is high on my acquisition list right now. Especially now that we're away from the days of the Butler Creek magazines.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

A friend has a Mist with a Norrell Pack and it works great. I think it is an older ported model. I am jealous of both of you. I got the Mist, I got the 10/22, all I need now is someone to buy me a pack.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD

I'm jealous, very nice rsideout!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    A friend has a Mist with a Norrell Pack and it works great. I think it is an older ported model. I am jealous of both of you. I got the Mist, I got the 10/22, all I need now is someone to buy me a pack.

From what I understand, the ported models are supposed to be a little quieter.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

:drool::drool::bowdown::bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom