CCW Application for Assumed Risk; Is my Interviewer Confused?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So at long last, I am going for my interview for my handgun permit. I am under the category of assumed risk, for having my data compromised by OPM in 2015 and based on the work I do as a contractor.

Here's the thing; I was asked to bring these documents; articles of incorporation for my company, my companies bank statements, and deposit records. What does that have to do with assumed risk? I am not a small business owner.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's just a gentle hint from MSP LD; it's not risk to your person they're concerned with, it's risk to the tax revenue they expect you to provide.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    So at long last, I am going for my interview for my handgun permit. I am under the category of assumed risk, for having my data compromised by OPM in 2015 and based on the work I do as a contractor.

Here's the thing; I was asked to bring these documents; articles of incorporation for my company, my companies bank statements, and deposit records. What does that have to do with assumed risk? I am not a small business owner.

It was their cookie cutter script that they were reading. Kinda like those scams on the phone where you could recite what they were gonna say before they said it. Good luck. Only reason I got mine was because I fit in that cookie cutter.

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Does that OPM hack reason work? Sounds like a long long shot to me.

I used that as part of my justification along with my security clearance and place of employment. Was granted W&C but with the restriction of only being valid while employed by my current agency.

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD

Did you have any other justification other than the OPM breach? When I went for my interview they did not ask me for any bank statements, company info, Etc. If you do not want to post feel free to shoot me a PM.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Did you have any other justification other than the OPM breach? When I went for my interview they did not ask me for any bank statements, company info, Etc. If you do not want to post feel free to shoot me a PM.

Spoke with my coworker/friend who went through the same thing; and his response tracks with what you just said.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I came back from my CCW interview. Here's why MSP wants all of this additional documentation; I work for a small company where the owner works out of his house. MSP wants proof of their existence.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    They want me to provide (1) Articles of incorporation (2) Six recent deposit slips (3) Past three bank statements. I do not own this company, I am an employee and this is supposed to be proof that the company exists. The interviewer dose not seem to have a problem with the assumed risk; just the proof of existence of the company.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    They want me to provide (1) Articles of incorporation (2) Six recent deposit slips (3) Past three bank statements. I do not own this company, I am an employee and this is supposed to be proof that the company exists. The interviewer dose not seem to have a problem with the assumed risk; just the proof of existence of the company.

https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress/EntitySearch

Anything found here?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Unless things have changed these usually get farmed out to the barracks where you may get a trooper who's never done one before.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Your making the common false assumption that this process is common sense or public safety related, rather than a burden to carry and possession.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Actually we are listed there; although we were incorporated in Pennsylvania. How hard would it have been for this guy to have found this??

easier for him to just have you bring the dox, than him going online and looking it up. just fyi, most businesses register in their home state, but also have to register in the other states in which they do business (have employees, assets, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom