• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Great write up DA... (post #11)

Saved me from doing it:thumbsup:

And you are correct... self applied restrictions of “non existent laws” are infringements of the worst kind.

Gracias DA, didn't have it in me to dig through the MSP site to look at the banned list. Ass-u-me'd it.

We all have to watch out for each other. I was just at the right place, at the right time, and with time to burn on a computer. You guys would do the same. :thumbsup:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Nah, bro, you're good. The way that MD is with the lunacy, it is easy to make mistakes that claim something illegal, when it is not. Those mistakes eventually find their way as "law" over time and then get argued about on here to the end of time. Case in point the definition of HBAR in MD law is not defined and MSP only gave guidance, but people are saying the guidance is written in the law, yet the law contains nothing of the sort.

Part of being who we are is to stand guard against our own restricting us from the "self imposed" infringements, just to be safe, when the infringements are not codified in the law. The best that we can hope for in educating each other is that there will be somebody that is willing to listen.

I may not be a MD resident any longer, but I will do my damnedest to help people from falling into BGOS, because of "erring on the side of caution". Another side of that coin is that I still have to work in MD, so I'm closer to the lunacy than I ever was before, because I'm not just dealing with MD as a MD resident, I'm dealing MD and Fed law for being a interstate traveler.

Agree with your post but also wanted to mention that also being part of MDS is to lookout for others who may be unknowingly breaking the law. I think everyone who offered advice was thinking this way. While it’s always the readers responsibility to check and validate what they read online it’s nice to see the learning happening right before your eyes.

I think my very very first MSD post was an effort to find out what’s legal and what was not, in regard to buying/building a suppressor. I not someone’s girlfriend in federal prison so I must have gotten sufficient information.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One point, the PLR-16 mentioned in the OP is a pistol, not a rifle.

So it would have to transfered at a MARYLAND FFL. And you will need a HQL. And it is not on the MD roster, it will have to be submitted for approval.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Tec_PLR-16

The Kel-Tec PLR-16 is a gas-operated, semi-automatic pistol chambered in 5.56 NATO, manufactured by Kel-Tec Industries of Florida.

The PLR (Pistol, Long Range) was designed for recreational target shooting, and small game, varmint, or predator hunting.[2] Due to the PLR's 9.25 in (235 mm) barrel, the 5.56×45mm bullet's velocity is slightly reduced compared to its velocity from a traditionally 20 in (510 mm) barrel.

The PLR-16 combines the multi-lug rotating bolt design and breech-locking system of the AR-15 with a gas piston system.[2] The pistol accepts the same STANAG magazine that is used in the M-16, AR-15, and other NATO rifles chambered for 5.56×45mm.[3]

The PLR-16's frame is constructed of reinforced polymer, making the pistol both durable and light-weight. The frame incorporates an M-1913-style Picatinny rail molded to the top of the receiver to accept various optical sights.

The SU-16 is a rifle, and the advice given is accurate.

BTW, if your friend handed the rifle and you took it from him. DO NOT SAY THIS. And return it to him immediately, until you can get it transferred legally. Right now, you are flirting with a Federal felony, and as such, could prevent you from ever owning a firearm.

Sirex