• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Never knew transportation authority served warrants, since they're not a full service agency.

Don't suppose that agency has to serve warrants for a person who works there to be aware of a state-wide policy matter on a new law like that (if that's actually the case).

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Don't suppose that agency has to serve warrants for a person who works there to be aware of a state-wide policy matter on a new law like that (if that's actually the case).
    An agency won't serve a warrant on their own employee. Conflict of interest and all that. Not sure what you're saying? And that agency is MTAP. Unless you're saying the mass transit administration police, and they are even way less than full service police agency.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Not sure what you're saying?

I'm saying that bringing up the fact they're not a full service department doesn't mean that an officer in their employ can't have heard about such a policy on this law's use, state-wide. Not commenting on the accuracy, just wondering why you were bringing up that agency's limited role. Different subject.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm saying that bringing up the fact they're not a full service department doesn't mean that an officer in their employ can't have heard about such a policy on this law's use, state-wide. Not commenting on the accuracy, just wondering why you were bringing up that agency's limited role. Different subject.
    No I get it now. So it was an ancillary "hey look at this" among the guys.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No..not the MTA MD Transportation Authority.
    What? There's the bus and light rail police who are MDTA Mass Transit administration police and Maryland Transportation Authority Police MTAP who have statewide jurisdiction like state police. They used to be the "bridge police".

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    So if I get pulled over on the bay bridge or the ICC and I have a ERPO court order against me, does the officer know that when he checks my license and registration? To Blasters point about warrants, if I have an outstanding warrant the officer is going to arrest me right there right? I know that’s not serving a warrant but I can’t imagine they’d call another jurisdiction to make the arrest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom