• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok -I am betting the Jul 1016 backlog is just about done. I will be SBRing this 10.5" 5.56 AR and want recommendations for a decent suppressor. Thoughts?
    [EDIT - FYI - I did get rid of those KNS anti-rotation pins]

Attachments

• 20161231_155157.jpg
      20161231_155157.jpg
      102.6 KB · Views: 752
    Last edited:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Do you already have a suppressor?
    Do you have any other rifles you would like to suppress? Plans for more suppressors in the future or will this be your only one?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I am planning to do a form 1 should I ever get my stamp back. Part of it was money but part of it has been a desire to build things. Same reason Im working on some 1911 builds.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Major03

Ultimate Member
    I just picked up a Silencer Co 30 Cal Omega. With the ASR mount, and the Silencer Co muzzle breaks or flash hiders, I can use this can on all my threaded .308 / 300 BLK and 5.56 / .223 rifles. It also has a detachable front plate if you want to lose the additional muzzle break on the end of the can for a more traditional look.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    I just picked up a Silencer Co 30 Cal Omega. With the ASR mount, and the Silencer Co muzzle breaks or flash hiders, I can use this can on all my threaded .308 / 300 BLK and 5.56 / .223 rifles. It also has a detachable front plate if you want to lose the additional muzzle break on the end of the can for a more traditional look.

Did this but with a Specwar 762 instead. Have ASR mounts on all my ARs (I went with muzzle brakes as opposed to flash hiders), as well as on my .308 Rem 700. While a 5.56-dedicated can will be more efficient at reducing sound, it would only be nominally so (in my opinion) and greatly restrict my capability to suppress additional firearms for $80 or so (approximate cost of an ASR muzzle device) instead of $6-700+ for a can and another $200 for another stamp.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I'd consider an over the barrel suppressor, It only adds about 4" to the end of the barrel.

I have one in jail at Engage :thumbsup:

AMTAC

https://amtacsuppressors.com/

Those suppressors are awesome but they are designed for 16" barrels. They bottom out on the gas block of an SBR.

I agree with the posters above thar you'll get more use out of a 7.62 can. Both the Rugged Surge and the Omega are great choices.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Do you already have a suppressor?
    Do you have any other rifles you would like to suppress? Plans for more suppressors in the future or will this be your only one?

I have a suppressor for a 22LR in jail and a form 1 to make an SBR out of a Ruger 10/22 Charger, so I already have the trust and the whole 9 yards when it comes to paperwork.

I would like to get a can that would work on 300 blackout and 5.56 NATO.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have a suppressor for a 22LR in jail and a form 1 to make an SBR out of a Ruger 10/22 Charger, so I already have the trust and the whole 9 yards when it comes to paperwork.

I would like to get a can that would work on 300 blackout and 5.56 NATO.

Then you should look seriously at a YHM Phantom LT. Zero POI shift. And light too.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have a ThunderBeast CB5 for my ARs. .30 can, but that means I can use it on 5.56 and .300 BO rifles.

The CB cans use a muzzle break or flash suppressor quick mount.

TB cans are known for little to no POI shift.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hmm. Well even if I get the 6M, the SBR and can are still on the list. Maybe the answer is do both and just bite the bullet! I can drive my 4Runner with 140K miles another year.
    I just meant 6M first as they are in short supply. I kick myself for not ponying uo snd grabbing a Win when CMP had them, I have the other 3 but still missing a winny and they haven't come back...

While its highly unlikely msybe you wont need a stamp for the can

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom