• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Lived on Oahu for 15 years... never seen a fight

My family went to Hawaii about 10 years ago and one of the places we stayed was Honolulu. I was accosted on two separate occasions while there during the week. One guy wanted to fight me because I didn't have a lighter for his cigarette and another guy actually followed me back to our hotel while ranting and raving because 'I looked at him hard'. I didn't even look at the guy, so not really sure what that was about. Both seemed f***ed up on meth. I actually noticed that downtown Honolulu looked full of meth-heads. Just my experience.....

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Delaware may be next.
    As lawmakers consider whether to legalize recreational marijuana use, some law enforcement officials are suggesting new steps to ensure that marijuana users in Delaware are prohibited from buying guns.

William Bryson, police chief for the town of Camden and chairman of the Delaware Police Chiefs Council, told a state task force studying legalization issues Wednesday that marijuana users should be required to have an endorsement or certification on their driver's licenses indicating that they use pot.

Bryson said the proposal would help ensure that users of marijuana, whether for medical or recreational purposes, are in compliance with federal law, which prohibits marijuana users from owning guns.

"It would make sure that we are doing everything we can to ensure that prohibited people are not buying firearms in Delaware," he explained after the meeting.
    http://www.delawareonline.com/story...icials-eye-gun-ban-marijuana-users/928036001/

What is not being discussed along with the pot users are the pot growers, the dispensary owners, and the dispensary workers. I don't believe they are any less likely to be prohibited.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    What is not being discussed along with the pot users are the pot growers, the dispensary owners, and the dispensary workers. I don't believe they are any less likely to be prohibited.

The super-irony here is that as long as marijuana remains Schedule 1 all transactions must be done in cash and therefore the growers and dispensary workers need to be armed like common drug dealers, or protected by security. In fact having a security policy was part of the application requirement to be a grower or dispensary.

Therefore they qualify for CC licenses in MD based on the "may issue" policy that values protection of money over life.

I love the smell of a good legal morass. It's getting a bit skunky right now.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    The super-irony here is that as long as marijuana remains Schedule 1 all transactions must be done in cash and therefore the growers and dispensary workers need to be armed like common drug dealers, or protected by security. In fact having a security policy was part of the application requirement to be a grower or dispensary.

Therefore they qualify for CC licenses in MD based on the "may issue" policy that values protection of money over life.

I love the smell of a good legal morass. It's getting a bit skunky right now.

Yes, it's def going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Help deflate my argument. If you have a medical marijuana card, aren't you in violation of federal law. So, you should not be able to vote because of an admitted felony.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Big brother is watching. Wait until alcohol use, medications, eye problems and whatever the anti's can think of becomes an issue. Gun grabbers will use any means necessary to take your guns away. It's for the children don't you know.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Help deflate my argument. If you have a medical marijuana card, aren't you in violation of federal law. So, you should not be able to vote because of an admitted felony.

It could probably be argued that way.

SCOTUS would ultimately have to determine (don't think it ever has) if 2A disqualifying felonies would have to either be "any felony" (i.e tax evasion, drug felonies, lying to FBI/Congress :rolleyes: , etc.), or only "violent felonies" (i.e. robbery, felony assault, kidnapping, felony homicide, etc.) convictions.

I would venture to guess that a higher percentage of pot smokers lean to the left. I wonder what is more important to the left, the ability to smoke pot, or keeping their voters on the voter rolls?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It could probably be argued that way.

SCOTUS would ultimately have to determine (don't think it ever has) if 2A disqualifying felonies would have to either be "any felony" (i.e tax evasion, drug felonies, lying to FBI/Congress :rolleyes: , etc.), or only "violent felonies" (i.e. robbery, felony assault, kidnapping, felony homicide, etc.) convictions.

I would venture to guess that a higher percentage of pot smokers lean to the left. I wonder what is more important to the left, the ability to smoke pot, or keeping their voters on the voter rolls?

Haven't you been paying attention? "Restoring" the voting rights of felons has been pretty high on their list the past 5 years or so.

I am 100% against felons having any rights "restored". What is a felony if not a loss of rights?

If the left wants the punishments reduced, they should propose to have the crimes reduced to misdemeanors.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Haven't you been paying attention? "Restoring" the voting rights of felons has been pretty high on their list the past 5 years or so.

I am 100% against felons having any rights "restored". What is a felony if not a loss of rights?

2 follow up points.

1. If the Left "federally" argues to restore voting rights to felons does anyone come behind them and argue that 2A rights be restored because of the same. I doubt the Left would ever want 2A restoration.

2. If a felon is "safe" enough to be released back into the population, are they not "safe" enough for 2A restoration? If no, then I believe they should remain incarcerated until otherwise adjudicated.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Actually, Hawaii's legal monarchy should never have been overthrown by a cabal of US business interests.

If Hawaii's monarchy couldn't hold onto the kingdom against a couple of hundred guys then the don't deserve to keep it.

I lived there from 68 to 71 as a kid. The only thing keeping Hawaii afloat, to indict a certain member of the House of Representative, is the Japanese tourism.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If Hawaii's monarchy couldn't hold onto the kingdom against a couple of hundred guys then the don't deserve to keep it.

I lived there from 68 to 71 as a kid. The only thing keeping Hawaii afloat, to indict a certain member of the House of Representative, is the Japanese tourism.

So if twenty MS-13 gang members broke into your home, killed you, raped your wife, and sold your kids into the sex trade, it would be OK because you couldn't defend your home and now your home belongs to them.

That's what I thought.

The US Cavalry shot little Indian kids in the back with .45-70 Government carbines. I guess they had it coming though. For not standing up to charging horses and soldiers with guns.

Stupid five year olds.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I think the issues of convicted felons voting and convicted felons having 2nd Amendment rights are two separate issues, because they are based on two different goals. We disenfranchise convicted felons on the theory that if a person can't follow society's rules, he doesn't deserve to be able to help (indirectly) shape what those rules are or how they're enforced. We remove the 2nd Amendment rights of convicted felons on the theory that their being allowed to own guns creates a danger to society. It's not about punishing them "just because," because if that were the case, we could remove 1st Amendment rights too (which we can't).

Thus, it makes sense that we would only remove gun rights from convicts who are violent, while removing voting rights from other classes of criminals too.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I do wish felonies were separate between violent and non violent.
    If you’re 19yrs old and sold drugs got caught and pleaded guilty..does that mean you should never vote or own a firearm for the rest of your existence?
    I don’t agree with that ..people change, some for better and for worse, for those that fixed their lives ever since, have clean records and are non violent crimes in the first place should be given a second opportunity.
    Be it 10yrs or whatever, but to tell a 60yr old man he can’t buy a hunting rifle because of something stupid he did at 19? I don’t know if I follow that logic
    Rape or murder etc are totally different story..
    I think North Carolina is looking at doing this currently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom