• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Securing our Firearm Rights on March 1st in Annapolis.

MSI, MDShooters, Veterans, and other Second Amendment supporters in Maryland will join forces together to testify AGAINST HB 294 at the state capitol building in Annapolis, Maryland. This is the house version of SB-281 that was heard earlier this month.

This will be similar to our showing in numbers on February 6th, but we will not be holding a rally. Just show up early and get in line to sign up to testify. We had over 2,000 pro constitution signatures on that day willing to speak up and we need to do this again.

MSI has been working non-stop along with grassroots groups like Holding the Line to organize and coordinate our response to these assaults on our rights. We will be making an attempt to acquire extra conference rooms for moderated discussion to include lawmakers willing to show up and listen. We will be trying to give everyone a chance to speak for the cause regardless of what happens in the committee hearing. Please show up ready for a long day again. Show up like you did last time and we will blow them away!

Where: House Office Building, 6 Bladen St., Annapolis, Maryland, This is across the street from the Senate building where we testified on Feb 6th. Rowe blvd is right off of route 50. You can park at the Naval Academy Stadium right off Rowe blvd. it's a short walk to the House and often there are shuttles that run between them.

When: be there as early as you can. We want people signing up early to mid morning so they can be heard when the hearings start. The hearing starts at noon.

Who: you and 50 of your friends. We need everybody on board. (There may be some light snacks provided but bring a snack and water to be sure)

How: you just tell the Committee your position on the bill. You don't have to testify if you aren't comfortable with speaking. You can write down what you want to say and it can be handed in to be included in the record. Bring 40 copies.

PLEASE GO TO THE FACEBOOK PAGE AND TELL US YOU ARE GOING. WE NEED NUMBERS THERE TO HELP BUILD MOMENTUM

https://www.facebook.com/events/534...9779183/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Finally - there is an anti 2nd Amendment Rally in the Lawyers Mall ( where we rallied on the 6th) Do not go anywhere near there. We don't want to inflate their numbers by standing around. Also, they have a permit and if you interfere you can be arrested. ( and besides, listening to that sort of drivel will give you brain damage)

LET'S DO THIS PEOPLE. IF WE DON'T HOLD THE LINE ON ALL WILL BE LOST IN MARYLAND.

Last edited:

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    How do we distinguish ourselves from the gun grabbers.
    I want the press to see us.

NOTE: I recieved an email last night from the MD Catholic Conference.
    They are asking parishes to organize busses for the March 1st rally.
    I feel betrayed, this really cut into me, right down to the bone.

sykesville

Ultimate Member

Maye stickers of some sort on our foreheads, sides and back of our heads to be seen from all angles?

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Dear Second Amendment Defender:
    Action Items!
    1) Please take time today to email the Senators on the Judicial Proceedings Committee and ask for their commitment to vote AGAINST SB 281!
    You can use the link provided to email the all Senators of the Committee at one time with a single message.
    2) Call or email your own legislators to tell them that you are opposed to all bills which infringe on your right to keep and bear arms. If you do not know your legislators, you can find them by following this link and clicking “Who represents me?”
    3) Make plans to come to Annapolis on March 1st AND March 5th to have your voice heard.
    4) Print the attached information pamphlet and make copies to bring with you to give to Senators and Delegates
    March 1st
    HB 294 the House cross file of SB281 will be heard in Judiciary Committee along with a host of other gun bills (follow the link then scroll down to March 1st to view the committee schedule)
    Please note: THERE WILL NOT BE A PRO GUN RALLY ON MARCH 1ST There is an Anti Gun Rally that day at lawyers mall- they hold the permit and we will not be permitted to occupy the mall, nor do we want to in order to not add numbers to their group!!
    We are currently working in conjunction with other legislators, MSI and NRA to iron out the fine details of handling the large numbers of people coming out to show their opposition to the Governors anti gun agenda. We have gotten a commitment to provide multiple sign in sheets so that we can ensure that people are not standing in line for hours just to sign in.
    There are plans being made to provide separate rooms for the purpose of having honest panel discussions dealing with the issue. Legislators will be invited to attend. As we get more details of this effort, we will disseminate them to you.
    Unfortunately, and with sincere apologies, we are logistically unable to give preference to individuals who were unable to testify or who had signed the sheets outside of the Senate Building. We truly regret this but it is simply not possible. Because we are trying to resolve the issues that arose during the hearings in the senate, changes have been made and we are continuing to work with leadership to ensure that the day runs as smoothly as possible, but we were not able to resolve the issue of assigning priority. However, we will ensure that everyone gets to sign the testimony books and that their opposition will go into the bill file in opposition. Please do not be discouraged at the possibility of not actually being afforded the opportunity to speak- We feel strongly that the sheer numbers of people appearing in Annapolis on this issue speaks much louder than any 3 minute testimony. Having your name included in the bill file will let the members of the legislature know you are opposed.

March 5th
    There is a planned pro gun rally at 11 am on lawyers mall

There will be gun hearings in both the Senate Judicial Proceeding Committee and the House Judiciary Committee

You can click the tab for “schedule” on each committee page and scroll to March 5th to view the bills being heard.

Delegate Dwyer’s Bills

HB 426 - Firearm Ammunition - Purchaser Information This bill is being heard in Judiciary on March 5th and we would welcome testimony in support of the bill. If you would like to offer testimony, please contact our office at 410-841-3047 for additional information. This bill would prohibit the collection of a customer’s personal information for the purchase of ammunition.

HB589- Firearms Freedom Act- though this is a good bill, because of the aggressive push for a state ban, which if passed, would not be affected by legislation which nullifies Federal bans, and because Delegate Dwyer has focused all of his efforts to defeating the vast numbers of anti gun legislation proposed this year in Maryland, Delegate Dwyer will be withdrawing this bill rather than allow it to be voted down. He will likely re-introduce this bill next year.

We will send updates and additional information as we get them.

Best Regards,

Louisa Baucom

Legislative Aide to:

Del. Don Dwyer, Jr.
    Anne Arundel County
    District 31
    410-841-3047
    www.delegatedwyer.com

So is there a rally or not?

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

We will be inside the House building testifying. Lets the anti 2nd Amendment types have their gathering outside. We need to dominate the testimony inside.

Again, don't go anywhere near the anti rally. It will only make their group look bigger and that's exactly what the media will report.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis

Do you have some kind of contact information about this? I have looked on the Maryland Catholic Conference website and I cannot find anyplace that they have taken a position on these gun measures pro or con. Not saying I don't believe you, but I'm wondering if maybe someone at MDCC has gone a little beyond their job description or something.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Write to them. Tell them you are moving to Virginia and becoming Lutheran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom