• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Wouldn't the bump stock / fast trigger ban be unconstitutional in MD as worded? It makes possession illegal, but doesn't grandfather anyone in or provide compensation. It also makes it illegal to sell or transfer the bump stock. IE, it seems like mere posession makes you guilty ex-post facto if it was legally purchased before this ban took place, and it doesn't provide a legal venue for getting rid of it with compensation.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'm not sure. If passed, the law wouldn't take effect until October 1st 2018; which would give you 5 months to sell or remove the item.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Legislative email update list is an admirable effort but you require that people surrender their complete names, phone numbers, and email addresses.

Why do you have to collect this level personal information to update 2A folks who want to stay involved?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm surprised Madaleno and his reporting team are sleeping at the wheel.

2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD
    The Legislative email update list is an admirable effort but you require that people surrender their complete names, phone numbers, and email addresses.

Why do you have to collect this level personal information to update 2A folks who want to stay involved?

R&R Whoever you are:

Instead of posing the question to the masses, why don't you simply send me an email and ask me?

jhjosselyn@2amaryland.org

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    R&R Whoever you are:

Instead of posing the question to the masses, why don't you simply send me an email and ask me?

Hmm, . . . interesting since R&R obviously didn't pose the question to the masses, and maybe, just maybe, other inquiring minds would like to know the answer as well? Frankly, this desired back door communication - especially regarding the collection of personal information - is a bit of a turn off, but good luck to you if you find it works.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    R&R Whoever you are:

Hmm, . . . interesting since R&R obviously didn't pose the question to the masses, and maybe, just maybe, other inquiring minds would like to know the answer as well?

Ed Zachary. More Secret Squirrel on top of Secret Squirrel. How hard is it to just answer the question?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    R&R Whoever you are:

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

I asked the question here...because I suspect I am not the only one who sees the requirement for a first and last name, phone number and email address and wonders why there is need for anything more than an email address to send these updates out.

Your required info bundles together the most basic personal data that most people want to shield from hackers: name, phone #, and email.

And it is clear we are not giving our bundled info to you, but are giving it to ConstantContact.com, a commercial company. (See signup disclaimer below)

I do not want to give my info to a business that I have no interest in doing business with.

So I suppose you could answer a pile of emails from folks here with the same concern, or simply address it in this thread where everyone can know what’s up.

When Maryland Shall Issue sends me an Email Update, it comes from the data base that MSI holds within their operations.

So I will stand by to see what happens but I know that ConstantContact.com is not getting my info.

Sincerely,
    R&R Whoever you are

Attachments

• 209CB980-1B7A-4893-86D1-7AC88A3B7285.jpg
      209CB980-1B7A-4893-86D1-7AC88A3B7285.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 1,017

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    I asked the question here...because I suspect I am not the only one who sees the requirement for a first and last name, phone number and email address and wonders why there is need for anything more than an email address to send these updates out.

Your required info bundles together the most basic personal data that most people want to shield from hackers: name, phone #, and email.

And for those not as technically adept as you, your statement in this forum and not in a private email serves to make them aware.

2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    R&R,

Please feel free to continue to get your information from MSI. Here is the link to the sign-up form:

https://marylandshallissue.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=f9a3fb0d5de76b58560e66d8e&id=51231bbc70

You will note that MSI is using Mail Chimp as a email provider and not, as you incorrectly stated, its own proprietary system. MSI's email enrollment form asks for similar information.

J. H. Josselyn

I don't mind if MSI puts my email address into a 3rd party system to disseminate updates, but I have been assured that MSI does not give my full name and phone number along with my email to Mail Chimp.

If I gave my email address to you I would not quarrel with a third party distribution where they have only my email. But I will certainly not give my full identity to ConstantContact.com. because it is not worth it. My email box is already too junked up with desperate notes from Nigerian princes and penis enlargement offers.

For those that want to expose their full identity to a 3rd party to get a note from you, well, then carry on!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Also, who's to say that the names, phone numbers and email addresses of 2nd Amendent activists residing on the servers of ConstantContact.com won't be siphoned off by some gun-hating Millenial computer tech at ConstantContact.com and gifted to the Bloomberg Deathstar?

Would it be too much trouble for you to personally distribute your Legislative Update by email to the handful of trusted 2A activist group leaders and permit them to distribute it through their own channels? Your "blast email" could be 4-8 addresses, correct?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    R&R,

Please feel free to continue to get your information from MSI. Here is the link to the sign-up form which is located on Mail Chimp's server:

https://marylandshallissue.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=f9a3fb0d5de76b58560e66d8e&id=51231bbc70

You will note that MSI is using Mail Chimp as a email provider and not, as you incorrectly stated, its own proprietary system. MSI's email enrollment form asks for similar information, but requires only an email address.

J. H. Josselyn

John, didn't we see this evolution last year too? I seem to remember a similar attempt from you.

I also prefer MSI as my information source. No offense intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom