Did anyone lose an iPhone in Western HoCo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I know it's a long shot that it's a member here but I found an iPhone tonight alongside the road near my mailbox. It's locked with a passcode so I can't get in to call someone who might know who it belongs to. Found in the Lisbon/Woodbine area.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The battery was almost dead so I have it on here at my desk and charging and I cannot believe that no one has called it, texted it, done find my iPhone or anything else. The owner is sure not working very hard to find it. :shrug:

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    There's a few ways to bypass the lock screen on iphones. Google points to a few solutions...if you're really wanting to find out who it belongs to.

Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    I know it's a long shot that it's a member here but I found an iPhone tonight alongside the road near my mailbox. It's locked with a passcode so I can't get in to call someone who might know who it belongs to. Found in the Lisbon/Woodbine area.

Hold down the home button and give it call commands: "Call Mom", "Call Dad", or try using some common names. When someone picks up, explain the situation.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Hold down the home button and give it call commands: "Call Mom", "Call Dad", or try using some common names. When someone picks up, explain the situation.

That would be a great idea EXCEPT that I did turn off the phone and turned it back on again. Now it wants the passcode to even use Siri. The phone has been by my side all day and no one has called it. That's very strange.

Also, I tried to make an outgoing "emergency" call to myself so at least I'd have the phone number and it won't even let me do that.

If I turn it in to the carrier will they locate the owner? I can tell from the lock screen which network it's on.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Hmm... I think I'd at least make a report to HoCo police or turn it in at the carrier if they'll take it.

No one calling it starts to raise red-flags for me... Stolen with the original owner not able to call... Or course, maybe a kid lost it and is afraid of telling his parents he lost yet another expensive phone...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Have you asked the mail carrier or paper boy?

It was far enough from the mailbox that I really don't think it belongs to the mail carrier. It was in a field about 15 yards from my mailbox. I wonder if it was thrown from a vehicle since it was a good ways off the road to have been simply dropped by a jogger or bicyclist.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm thinking the owner already killed cell service to it which is why there have been no calls. I'm going to return it to Verizon.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Could be. Still seems a little strange to not have called it. Maybe the person knows it was lost in a big field with near zero chance of it being found. Dunno.

When I lost an old phone, the first thing I did was call it. Fortunately, a server at a restaurant had found it and answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom