• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Some of you may remember when I asked for some stickers, well this is what for:
    new range case for a couple pistols. Needs some reinforcement before I will feel comfortable using it to transport as the hinges are not very robust as they sit. Will probably look to put a piano hinge on it and add some more rivets. Got the case really cheap, foam was ~20 bucks so anything else I put into it won't be a huge investment and we all know that space to put your stuff is limited at most ranges.

start of project:
    2012-04-07_15-52-09_567.jpg

Custom foam:
    ResizedImage_1333837716804.jpg

under pistols:
    2012-04-07_15-52-51_548.jpg

assembled project:
    ResizedImage_1333837782630.jpg

Legs extend to about 30" putting the whole thing at a real comfortable height

still working on this:
    2012-04-07_16-39-05_384.jpg

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I like it, but not the stickers. I don't like people to be able to quickly identify what I am carrying as high value. I never carried my cameras in a camera bag with logos, and I don't carry my guns in easily identifiable bags or cases. I like the legs on the case.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Nice, although I think I like it better without the stickers. Whatever works for you.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Nice. Can you access the leg compartment without removing pistols?

No, you can't. That would be even better, but for the price, gotta take it as is.
    2 bux + shipping (shipping was pricey due to weight, but since I had big plans, it was worth it)

I am in agreement with most about the stickers. we will see how it works out and then I will re-evaluate them if i find myself carrying it around

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    one thing I will more than likely do is make a couple different inserts that I can switch out for different range days. maybe just a couple pistols/mags/suppressors (when I get a few more suppressors)

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    What was the case originally used for? I really like it.

So like two years ago I got a video game called DJ Hero the renegade edition that came in that case. I have been looking at the case for a while thinking about how nice it would be for a few pistols. I decided to hit ebay instead of cutting on the one my wife bought me :)

There are a few people selling *refurbished ones for just a few bucks. To my surprise, it actually included the refurbished controller in the case when I opened it. (That may make its way to game stop or the like for a few bucks hopefully)

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I like it, but not the stickers. I don't like people to be able to quickly identify what I am carrying as high value. I never carried my cameras in a camera bag with logos, and I don't carry my guns in easily identifiable bags or cases. I like the legs on the case.

This. I hate carrying my cameras in camera bags in general. My gf just got a camera bag that looks like my lunch bag. I approve of that.

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010

:thumbsup:

besides the stickers it :party29:

futureseabee

CTT not seabee anymore
    Aug 18, 2008
    Va Beach
    I like the stickers. if you keep it locked up and only use it when you run to the range its kinda a cool box to show off to any friends you bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom