• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Allegedly e-file is coming to form 4s sometime within a year(was supposed to be ready by now), and the <30 day wait that form 1s have with it. Would love to hold off till then, but knowing my lunch it will drop right after I put my next F4 in the mail

I am sure it doesn’t make anyone feel better my check was cashed 8/18...2019. So 2 days ago. Granted I only bought it 2 weeks or so ago.

Trust. So long wait for me.

The long times I am sure are a result of silencers and SBRs, SBS, etc getting more popular.

Doesn’t help that Trump/Republicans have been cutting or keeping flat ATF funding for a couple of years. There is a 15% funding increase for next fiscal year though. Hopefully that’ll get a few more examiners or clerks or whatever the position is hired as well as getting the form 4 efile system done. That’d probably get more sales of all NFAs done. Hell I’d be a little more likely to buy rather than build an SBR if I knew I only needed to wait 1-2 months rather than a year or so.

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    An unfired HK G3SG1 registered push pin. Converted from a new PSG1 back in the day. The complete set up, cleaning kit, Zeiss scope, bipod, scope mount and case. It was so nice when it showed up to hendershots that I actually bought another push pin G3 that was used as a shooter. Paperwork went in for that one around the end of February.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Form 4 Trust

Check cashed 10-1-2018

I called today ( I don't bug them ). It's still not even on the Examiners desk. Ugh

I just bought another this week. I wonder if my paperwork for the new one gets there before last years get's to the Examiner, maybe they'll process them together?

#IrrationionalOptimist??

GASSMAN

Feb 14, 2009
    2 Form 4 individual, e-submitted, Check cashed Oct 1, paperwork submitted mid August. Picked up the other day, (not sure on actual approval date), dealer said it was 1 year and 2 weeks...

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I just don't get the irregularities if approval time frames.

there just seems like there is no rhyme or reason why person A gets an approval in 6-9 months while person B takes 9 months to a year + to get approval.

a trust seems to add a few months, so maybe that could be it vs. individual?

I amost wish I never wasted the money on my trust sometimes because I know the extra time its going to take on every nfa purchase vs individual.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    An unfired HK G3SG1 registered push pin. Converted from a new PSG1 back in the day. The complete set up, cleaning kit, Zeiss scope, bipod, scope mount and case. It was so nice when it showed up to hendershots that I actually bought another push pin G3 that was used as a shooter. Paperwork went in for that one around the end of February.

Sweet. Hope it fires as nice as it looks. keep us posted.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just don't get the irregularities if approval time frames.

there just seems like there is no rhyme or reason why person A gets an approval in 6-9 months while person B takes 9 months to a year + to get approval.

a trust seems to add a few months, so maybe that could be it vs. individual?

I amost wish I never wasted the money on my trust sometimes because I know the extra time its going to take on every nfa purchase vs individual.

Could be last name. Some government agencies, especially that do distributed work in local offices divide up case work alphabetically. It should be distributed to have roughly even case loads. That said a 10-20% variance when it takes 10 months on average (let’s say) means some is going to take closer to 8 months if it’s a faster case worker and 12 for a slower.

Just my personal guess. The agency is under funded, so it’s not like they are hiring extra examiners to work through the backlog.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    if you get get a form 1 approved in two weeks with rifle now, what the hell is the holdup with form4? shouldn't they just do it the same way?

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    Individual supressor Form 4.

Tax Stamp Cashed on 10/10/2018
    Got the call on 9/4/2019 that I could come pick it up.
    329 days

The actual stamp has Aug 16 2019 written on it though.

Have two more with checks cashed 1/3/2019. Hoping to see them before Christmas.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I think most of us would be overjoyed with a 90-day turnaround, but the truth is that ATF really should be able to do this in under 30. Especially if they go to a fully computerized system.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Currently ATF forms 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,9a,and 10 have an e-file option. They already had the mandatory rule evaluation for e-file 4s, and put out earlier releases that it was expected by summer '19, then by the end of '19, and now per the ATF
    Note: The Form 4 is currently not in service pending modifications that will enhance its functionality and improve its performance; as well as incorporate the regulatory requirements imposed by 41F. An implementation date for these changes has not been determined.

Obviously not holding my breath, but it's coming one glorious day, last can took almost a year, which is crazy. Really want a rimfire can, but debating waiting on e-file, sending it in and just waiting forever, or going for a form1 kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alanharper

Latest threads

Top Bottom